Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I-go-by-many-names
Super April 2015

Gift for celebrant and florist

I-go-by-many-names, 16 of January of 2015 at 19:09 Posted on Planning 0 3

We are having a Humanist wedding and I know a Humanist celebrant through work who has really generously offered to do it for free. I'd like to get her a thank you present but have no idea what to get! I know very little about her interests or tastes :-/

Also, my OH's cousin is doing my bouquet for me (she's a florist, my bouquet is the only flowers we're having and she's doing them as a wedding present). Do you think we should also get her a present or just a card? Again, any suggestions for a gift?

Thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by miss_winter14, 16 of January of 2015 at 21:53
  • pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you need to get your florist a gift if she's doing it as a present, a nice thank you card specially for her would be in order.

as for the celebrant, perhaps a card for the day but then after get a photo of her doing your ceremony framed for her. X

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like the photo idea, lovely. May just do that and a bottle of wine. Forgot to say she is travelling up to Newcastle from west Yorkshire so we are also paying her travel expenses and a night in a hotel. But its still saving us a lot of money, I think she normally charges about £500. We also invited her to the wedding breakfast but she isn't staying for the evening reception.

• Soon2BMrsJ
    Beginner September 2015
    Soon2BMrsJ ·
    • Hide content

I know you've probable already thought of this but flowers are the traditional thank you gift at weddings. Obviously wouldn't work for the cousin though. Perhaps a nice bottle of fizz if your sure she drinks or I always think a nice photo frame is a good gift, everyone can use those. Otherwise maybe a gift card, not very exciting i know but people are always please to receive them.

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

My favourite go to gift is an afternoon tea voucher, so people get an experience to enjoy at their own leisure......

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics