Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kharv
Beginner March 2012

Gift ideas for a 10 year old usher

kharv, 19 February, 2012 at 18:29 Posted on Planning 0 3

We have the gifts for all our adult wedding party sorted but I'm really struggling with what to buy for our 10 year old usher.

The other men are getting engraved tankards or whisky glasses and would like to get him something of the same ilk that he can keep.

Any ideas?

OH suggested getting him a tankard anyway for him to keep for when he's older as he's probably appreciate a more grown up gift, but I wasn't sure if it was a bit inappropriate?

3 replies

Latest activity by jen_84, 19 February, 2012 at 19:30
  • Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I think you'd be fine giving him a tankard, as you say he'd appreciate a more grown up gift and it's something to keep - most people don't drink out of those engraved tankards anyway, they are more for display!

Or what about a engraved pocketwatch? That would be quite a nice keepsake too..

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

The tankard idea is nice, think it would make him feel all grown up getting the same present as the men.

I bought my flower girls a camera and album saying "my day as a bridesmaid " there is a boys version saying "my day as a page boy" but not usher unfortunately . Would a ten year old appreciate a camera? Have no idea what 10year olds are into these days. .

• Kadence
    Beginner September 2012
    Kadence ·
    • Hide content

I think a personalised tankard is a great idea, he will love feeling all grown up on the day like the other men. Plus it's something he will keep hold of and is unlikely to lose!

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

We've got our 7 year old page boy some cufflinks in the shape of a d. Will be his first pair of cufflinks which he can wear on the day but use when he is older too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics