Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner August 2012

Gift ideas for an emigrating couple?

waggamama, 2 April, 2012 at 21:37 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi all.

Because of our approaching emigration next year, we're asking for cards of well wishes instead of presents. However, my OH's grandparents are very traditional and don't like this idea at all. We've managed to steer them off their original idea (an oil painting of OH and I) but they're really not liking the idea of giving money instead. So we've asked for gift vouchers but something tells me they won't be comfortable with this either; fair enough, I can understand that. But we have no idea what to ask for.

It can be something for our new home in Oz but to be honest, we want to choose that stuff as I want to create our home in my own style. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

6 replies

Latest activity by Mellow_Yellow, 3 April, 2012 at 12:05
  • K
    Beginner September 2012
    katzan ·
    • Hide content

I think we've decided to do a small wedding list, for people who don't feel comfortable giving money towards our honeymoon.

We have everything we want though.

• W
    Beginner August 2012
    waggamama ·
    • Hide content

Thanks RedRobin, that's a good idea. And thanks for the good luck too, it's all a bit stressful lol!

Thanks Katzan. xx

• W
    Beginner August 2012
    waggamama ·
    • Hide content

I keep telling myself that LOL!

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Why not something you would use in the next year, like a voucher for a posh meal, or overnight stay somewhere? A nice perfume and aftershave combo? Posh champers?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics