Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Gift List inserts

30 May, 2010 at 09:48 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hello all-I think I have a silly question.

I've not been married before, and have only attended 2 weddings, so I'm not sure about gift list inserts. I went into John Lewis yesterday to register for a list and the very helpful lady gave me card inserts to put in with the invitations. Is this normal? It seems like I'm asking for presents. I wouldn't care a toss if no-one got us anything-it would just be nice to see everyone having a lovely time.

Then I remembered my freinds wedding where she had a list insert and I was relieved to get her something she wanted.

So are list inserts ok?

2 replies

Latest activity by sidsidney, 30 May, 2010 at 11:07
  • Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I've only attended two weddings too. And the both had gift list inserts in them. One was the John Lewis card with the gift list number on and the other was the same for a debenhams list.

I think it is the norm these days. We've put one in asking for donations to our honeymoon if they want to. Like you I just want everyone to enjoy it as much as we will.

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

We are having a John Lewis gift list, and too were given the cards. We chose not to use them, and instead hae printed the gift list number in a small mention at the bottom of our info sheet. Haven't got one to hand, but I thnk it said something like: "We have been asked for gift ideas, so we have set up a gift list with John Lewis, the number is ........"

• sidsidney
    Beginner
    sidsidney ·
    • Hide content

I wouldnt go to a wedding without expecting to get B&G a gift - Ive had 3 invites so far this year, and none had list details in them, so I have just had to ask people what they want, which was a bit awkward! So I'd rather have something in the invite saying whether the B&G want gifts or money.

We dont need anything gift wise so put in a cheesy line about vouchers or cash if anyone wants to get us anything. That probably seems more cheeky than a gift list anyway! hehe Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics