Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

Gifts

Hayley, 18 of June of 2022 at 13:02 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 6
Hello, is everyone getting gifts for parents, bridesmaids and best men? Just looking for some ideas please. Thanks.

6 replies

Latest activity by Anonbride, 13 of September of 2022 at 09:13
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I’m getting gifts for my bridal party yes. I have 5 BMs in total plus a page boy, no best man though. As 4 of the BMs are juniors I’ve done a gift bag with nice little gifts like a candle, fancy notebook and pen, bracelet. For the pageboy who is only 3 I got him little toys! My MOH is my sister and I got her a necklace, a candle and some posh Lush bath bombs etc.
    I’m getting my parents a voucher for an expensive night in a hotel as they have given us a lot of money for the wedding. For my future MIL she is getting a bunch of flowers done by my florist as she hasn’t had any input 🙄
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Brilliant, thank you. I have my eye on necklaces for my bridesmaids. Good suggestion with the gift vouchers/cards. That could work well for both lots of parents actually. Thank you.
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    Brilliant, thank you. I got necklaces for my bridesmaids but ones I hope they will wear again, in a box with a thank you mesaage. We got the best men bottle boxes that come with a bottle opener and we will put 3 drinks they like in them. For the parents, we decided to get "parents of the bride/groom" frames then will fill them once we get our pictures
  • Lucy
    Savvy September 2022 Hampshire
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    Buying my bridesmaids an afternoon tea voucher so we can all catch up after the wedding and also some personalised bits for the day. Found some lovely items for my parents on Etsy x
  • Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww what a lovely idea
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

I'm thinking necklaces for the bridesmaids and I'd get one for my mum too (as she's basically a bridesmaid but would hate to be one officially haha) - I'm getting married on the beach so thinking maybe a pearl or a seashell, from somewhere a bit fancy like Monica Viander so it's something they would hopefully want to keep for a long time not just because of the sentiment but because it's good quality.

I'm struggling a bit for the guys, don't want to go down the monogrammed route. Erring towards this sailcloth holdall that I've got myself and get complements on - I know my brother (one of the ushers) would love it - again it's a bit beachy and really good quality so equivalent value to the necklaces. It's a bit out there though as a gift so still thinking!

Parents I am really struggling with! I know they wouldn't really appreciate vouchers as my parents are very much "it's the thought that counts" people over the money, so I feel like it should be sentimental but I also know they wouldn't want anything monogrammed with MOB or FOB, so they are TRICKY! My parents are paying for most of the wedding so want to get them something really good. FH's dad and grandad have chipped in £1k to go towards photographer or flowers, so want to get them each something but it's no where near the level my parents have contributed so trying to be careful here. FMIL has been a piece of work so definitely don't want to get her something as good as my mum but also don't want to give her any ammunition by getting her nothing... it's a bit of a minefield!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics