Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Curious April 2023 Bristol

Gifts

Robyn Amos, 16 of September of 2022 at 09:29 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 18
Hi everyone,
Who do you buy gifts for at the wedding?

My family is different🤦🏼‍♀️

18 replies

Latest activity by NikoleB, 18 of June of 2023 at 10:18
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Traditionally younger bridal party (bridesmaids, ushers, best man) a gift. Also the mother's some flowers it small token. That said, is not set in stone so is up to you but it is nice gesture for those who have supported you and given their time for your wedding
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    All your bridal party, not just younger! Miss typed!
  • R
    Robyn Amos ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have mum, step mum, his nan but then my nan. Do you just buy for ones who have been there throughout the planning?
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Traditionally yes, used to be you gave mums gifts especially when the parents used to pay towards the wedding. I don't think grandparents are normally given a gift, but is upnto you. We just did the bridal party as we paid for our wedding ourselves and then a bunch of flowers for our mums
  • Sinéad
    Dedicated October 2022 Cork
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    Hi
    We are doing the bridal party. Will be getting flowers for the mother's too. I'll be having a suprise birthday cake for my dad he is turning 70th the day before our wedding.
    I've also been to a wedding where the couple gave flowers to both grandmothers as well as their mothersHave a great day xxxx
  • R
    Robyn Amos ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The issue I have is my Partners mum passed away years ago, I have a step mum, his nan and mine
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi
    Maybe flowers for your for your step mum and nan and your nan. It might be nice to have a remembrance candle to light fot his mum to include her in the day too xx
  • R
    Robyn Amos ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Flowers for mum, step mum and two nans. What do I do about dads and step dad🤦🏼‍♀️X
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well there are loads of father of the bride/ groom present out there. I googled stepdad wedding gift . Esty have some nice things. There was a lovely set of cuff links saying thank you for loving me like your own 💗 I think that is sweet
  • R
    Robyn Amos ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s lush actually. Thank you xx
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your very welcome hope you are enjoying the planning 😊
  • R
    Robyn Amos ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s definitely got it’s moments. Hope you are too x
  • Sinéad
    Sinéad ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya we are nearly done. Six weeks out so excited 🥳🥳
  • Cassy
    Beginner September 2022 East London
    Cassy ·
    • Hide content

For all women like my mum and step mum, I ordered flowers https://myexpressflowers.co.uk/ I know that their favorite flowers are lilies, this is the most universal gift. For bridesmaids I gave gift certificates for art therapy, they really liked it. Don't burden yourself, give gifts to whomever you would like to.

• Lex
    Dedicated July 2023 West Yorkshire
    Lex ·
    • Hide content
    I plan on gifting my bouquet to my Mum and a small piece of jewellery for the bridesmaids. Not sure what to do for future MIL though….
  • Frank
    Ohio
    Frank ·
    • Hide content

Flowers are a great idea, and we used them. Thanks to these guys https://myglobalflowers.com/international-flower-delivery/uk/cardiff, our mom is very happy.

• Boaz
    Ontario
    Boaz ·
    • Hide content

Typically, wedding gifts are given to the newlyweds as a gesture of love, support, and congratulations on their marriage. Traditionally, wedding gifts are given by the guests attending the wedding ceremony or reception.

However, there are some other people you might consider buying gifts for, depending on your relationship with the couple. For instance, you might choose to give a gift to the parents of the bride and groom, particularly if they have played a significant role in the wedding planning process or if you have a close relationship with them.

Additionally, you might consider giving gifts to members of the wedding party, such as the bridesmaids and groomsmen, as a way to thank them for their involvement in the wedding. Ultimately, the decision of who to buy gifts for is up to you and depends on your personal relationship with the couple and their families. In such a case, it might not be possible to offer gifts for all the guests. For those, you can choose these gifts . These wedding gifts are very economical and unique as well.

• A
    Curious June 2022 East Central London
    Alice ·
    • Hide content

Flowers + something from the couple's list

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics