Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2011

gifts for best men, ushers and bridesmaids???

MISSMAYFLOWER, 30 of March of 2011 at 10:27 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi everyone

just wondered what gifts you were thinking of the best men, ushers and bridesmaids?

we're a bit stuck for ideas and budget - we don't really want to spend more than £20 per person if poss

for the men we were wondering about tankards - has anyone bought any recently which were good quality and price which they can recommend?

for the girls - they dont really need jewellery with their dresses so not sure what to do for them

this present buying business is harder than planning the wedding!

8 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 17:00
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

I love this site, there are some great ideas for the whole Bridal Party:

https://www.thebridalgiftbox.co.uk/

• MrsBear2b
    Beginner August 2011
    MrsBear2b ·
    • Hide content

Same boat as us then! We want to get them something quite personal instead of the usual cufflinks, or hip flask that is advertised. Is there anything that they enjoy doing, I know some ladies have gotten football tickets for the team the BM or ushers support.

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

I wanted something personal and different than the usual, but on our budget of £20 per person we just couldnt find anything. In the end we went for cufflinks which had engraved best man on one side, of father of bride etc, then on other one, their name and wedding date. They came in silver boxes and gift bags. From With Love From.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

This is the pile of thank you gifts we have.

Best man has the cufflinks as above, and an engraved joke Best Man glass

The BMs have the Crystal neckalces and Mirrors.

The wine charme are for my SIL and Auntie and i'm planning on draping them around a bottle of champagne which has the personalised label as above on it too.

The personalised wooden frames are for the kids, and the engraved one for the parents but again could do for bridesmaids.

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

I'm making the BMs necklace, earrings and bracelet then also getting my MOH a 'my special bridesmaid' book and will get the other two something else special.

The guys we're getting them cufflinks and daft 'usher' / 'bm' socks as well as something else undecided yet.

• M
    Beginner August 2011
    Miss Perfectionist ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I am in the same boat as you.....I have got 15 people to buy for including bridesmaids, ushers, best men, mum and dad etc so need to be sensible with the budget!

Obviously wanna spend more on certain people but for bridesmaids and ushers I am stuck. The only things I have decided on so far are personalised teddy bears for the little ones from www.24studio.co.uk and a bouquet of flowers for my mum. I have brought cheap jewellery sets for the older bridesmaids to wear on the day but still trying to think of something as a gift to give to them at the reception. My friend has suggested lottery tickets for the boys as they are hard to buy for which I think is a good idea but Im still stuck on what to buy my dad. I want something different, im not into the beer glass thing as its very common and no one is a big beer drinker and I thought the whole point of cufflinks was for them to wear on the day. I will be giving all the gifts at the reception so needs to be something that people will use again or for sentimental value.

Any ideas are VERY welcome! Smiley laugh

• M
    Beginner July 2011
    MissDoone ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone, I've posted this before but trying to pick presents for everyone was a real sticking point for us too. In the end we've decided that we're going to take them all for a nice meal, which will cost about £20 per head at a local restaurant, as a thank you instead of the usual...dare I say it?!...tacky bridal party gifts! I'm sorry but if someone gave my fella a 'best man' pair of cufflinks they'd sit in the back of a drawer for a couple of years and then get chucked out.

I'd much rather continue the wedding celebrations with our very nearest and dearest and have happy memories rather than some random piece of tat. Hope I've not offended people that like random tat haha.

• Little Madam
    Beginner
    Little Madam ·
    • Hide content

I did think about that - my Dad for example won't ever be "Father of the bride" again so won't get to wear his cufflinks or socks again, but they I thought - I don't want him to, I want them to be a special keepsake for him to remember the day. For £6 though I thought if they only get wore once, i'm fine with that.

To get around that with some members of the bridal party i've got them something that represents their personality - poker cards for my Brother, Guiness pint for my stepdad etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics