Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsRtoH
Savvy October 2022 Merseyside

Gifts for Family?

MrsRtoH, 27 of January of 2022 at 18:12 Posted on Planning 0 13
Hey gang!
I'm struggling to decide what to budget and gift to parents. My mum is paying a huge chunk, my dad (they're separated) is doing invites and signage (he has a printing company), FH dad and partner have contributed £2.5k and FH mum contributed £500. So because all the amounts are different, do you think that matters? I've literally no idea what to get them.
I hate anything tacky/momentos that have the wedding date on or anything like that... What else is there to give? Also for the groomsmen, bestman and ushers?? I'm at a loss! I find everything cheesy or out of budget!Help!! What are other people doing? Xx

13 replies

Latest activity by Mollie, 15 of February of 2024 at 17:33
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    I am wondering about this too. My parents have paid for my dress and will be contributing about 10k in total for which we are obviously extremely grateful . We are paying for DJ, cars, flowers, photography and hair and make up.
    My FH family have not offered anything and barely mention the wedding in any comms he has with them ( I never speak to them!) so I’m clueless as to what to get his mum- she is his only parent as he’s lost his dad years ago. I don’t feel like she deserves much as she doesn’t seem bothered about us even getting married!
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Same boat! I have bought everyone a personalised tea towel, made the bridesmaids jewellery and decorated a box for it and then got loads of pamper stuff. For my mum I'm getting her a charm for her pandora bracelet and my dad I'm going to get a personalised handkerchief but with something amusing instead of cheesy or cringe so everyone has something they can wear on the day and keep for future. NO IDEA for best man or FH side 🤷‍♀️
  • MrsRtoH
    MrsRtoH ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I'd give him mum a bunch of flowers and thats it.... Your paying of her meal and all the rest already, I don't think she needs a gift. Only those that have contributed...
  • MrsRtoH
    MrsRtoH ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    When you say teatowel? What do you mean? Do you have a link? Xx
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    For our bridal party we are giving a voucher for their fave shops, I hate all the tat and personalised glasses/mugs/hip flasks, no one needs them or uses's them ( ihavebjust thrown out 3 best man glasses he never used!) so I would rather gift them something they will use to treat themselves. For parents I can't say as we are not having any help from them, but maybe an experience day like spa day or race track day of that is their thing or a voucher for a really nice restaurant they wouldn't normally go to
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You are probably right. Don’t want to sound mean but his family don’t even seem that excited which is such as shame as mine are thrilled. Oh well you can’t choose your family!
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think i just typed personalised tea towels into etsy, there are hundreds! I chose a rustic one with a simple design. For the bridesmaids it literally said 'bridesmaid' then the date, and for my parents ones it said our names and the date x
  • Laura
    Beginner June 2023 Isle of Wight
    Laura ·
    • Hide content

I'm going traditional with mother of bride and mother of groom and gifting boxed flowers (£100 all together)

Groomsmen (inc father of groom) are getting personalised hip flask (£10 each from Amazon) and some personalised cufflinks (£3 each from Amazon)

Bridesmaids will get earrings (buying a 3 set from Warren James for £10 and splitting) and something pretty for their hair (budgetting £5pp), flower girls will get a personalised bracelet from Ebay (£7) and a flower girl colouring book from Amazon (£5) xx

• A
    Beginner May 2022 Perthshire
    Anthea ·
    • Hide content
    Weve been thinking about this too! Struggling for the MOB and MOG but for FOB going to get one of those personalised ties with a picture on the reverse, bridesmaids will get robes for getting ready and jewellery for the day and groomsmen are getting a box with a cigar whisky etc. FoB is into fishing so and engraved lure along with whisky same as groomsmen Nothing personalised to be specifically wedding related.
  • Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content

Depending on what you wanted to spend, I've seen a really cute thing ( click link ) where an artist/illustrator will do a picture of your dress alongside your mum's outfit - all it seems you need to do is send pictures over.

• L
    Beginner May 2022
    LuxuriousYellowHair77252 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can I ask are you giving your gifts after speeches or in the morning so people can make use of they’re gifts on the day?
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I also have this question!

• L
    Beginner May 2022
    LuxuriousYellowHair77252 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think I’m going to give the bridesmaids there bags of gifts for the wedding the night before (personalised hangers, pins for their hair, dressing gowns etc, then on the day during speeches give the bracelets we’re got them.

Hope that helps. Would love to know what you are thinking too!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics