Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Purple Pixie
Beginner July 2012

Gifts for my hens

Purple Pixie, 3 of April of 2012 at 09:11 Posted on Planning 0 20

I would really like to get my hens a present to say thank you and how much it means to me that they are there. Some of them have really gone out of their way to be able to come. There will only be 6 of them. I'd like to get them something to keep rather than going down the 'hen night survival kit' type route. Has anybody got any nice ideas?

Thanks, PP x

20 replies

Latest activity by AllyMcBear, 5 of April of 2012 at 16:46
  • L
    Beginner April 2012
    LEMBS8 ·
    • Hide content

I got these for my BMs. They are simple and can be worn with anything. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Silver-White-Zirconia-Rubover-Earrings/dp/B001AXVY3I/ref=pd_cp_jewelry_0

Are you thinking jewelry or something like a keepsake?

• bluemoongirly
    Beginner October 2013
    bluemoongirly ·
    • Hide content

I get the idea, but im sure you could spend a fortune?! I hadnt even thought of presents to say thanks for coming on my hen do? Ive never been given anything by anyone, even when I went abroad!

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone.

I know it's not the norm to give gifts to your hens but I guess this is more a 'thank you for being there for me through what have been some difficult years' kind of present.

oldclazza that's a really lovely idea but it sounds time consuming. I'll have a think about it though.

LEMBS9 those studs are really pretty.

I don't mind whether it's jewellery/ornament etc. just as long as it's something they can keep.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I've only been on one hen do where I've had a gift, but if I remember rightly, it was just little gift bags containing a willy straw, a badge, some samples that one of the bridesmaids had been collecting all year (perfumes, body lotion etc) and maybe a can of pre-mixed G&T, Pimms etc. It wasn't much, but it was just a little token.

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

You could perhaps get them a compact handbag mirror with their Initial on it? I'm sure you could find something like that on ebay for a couple of pounds. That perhaps in a small giftbag with a thankyou card and a mini bottle of wine/chocolates?

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

I have 10 coming on my abroad hen do and wanted to get them a little keepsake too, to say thank you. I bought some small charmed keyrings with an initial charm on the end for each of them. Thgey came packaged in a lovely organza bag and I made my own little thankyou card to go inside.

I bought mine from a lady who has a business on fb but am sure the HIBS on here or ebay would have something similar.

HTH

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Always the bridesmaid, I love you Smiley smile I was just going to suggest engraved mirror compacts or engraved hip flasks, we stock these (and lots of other things) on our website. The best part is that you can have engraved on them just about anything you like, so you could put "Thankyou for being there" or the date of the hen or anything really.

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your lovely ideas.

SarahThompson would you mind posting your web-site link?

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Of course (it is on my signature but here it is again for you)

https://www.engraving-excellence.co.uk/

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry to hijack thread but what do people normally get on the hip flasks for Best Man?

We are looking at the 6oz one on your website. Thanks

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

Allybear I would suggest something along the lines of name/date and short 'thanks for being the best' or similar

The engraved compact mirrors are just lovely!

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ally

It really varies. A lot of people have the Bride and Grooms first names and the wedding date. Some have the Best Mans name the wedding date and "Best Man". It really is up to you. So long as it is legal and fits on, it shouldn't be a problem to have the wording you choose Smiley smile

Mrs D soon to be! Thankyou very much, yes they are really lovely.

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah

We are trying to get the brushed photo frame but it hasnt asked for our engraving details - can we get this engraved?

Thanks A x

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Ally

I'm thinking you are meaning https://www.engraving-excellence.co.uk/Brushed_Steel_Effect_Photo_Frame_-_6_x4_/p806218_4109785.aspx that one?

If so, yes you can.

After you press the "add to cart" button you should be able to include a message giving what you would like engraved on it. Please remember to state which of the available fonts (picture 4 in the thumbnails) you would like.

If you are still having problems, please let me know and I'll see if I cant get that sorted for you Smiley smile

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content

Hi Sarah

Sorry to bother you again ?

Yes thats the item I am looking for, when I press the add to cart it doesnt come up with the box for messages (like it does for the other items

Ta A x

• RebeccaC
    RebeccaC ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I make beautiful freshwater grey pearl personalised bracelets. Something beautiful to keep and wear forever. I make these in white and grey pearl. I love the grey pearl!!!

Here are some pics and links:

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

Sorry about that Ally

I will just go and speak to someone, see if we cannot get that sorted for you. Let me get back to you on that one

• S
    SarahThompson ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ally

Thankyou for bringing that to my attention. It seems there was a fault with the site, which has now been fixed Smiley winking

You should now be able to "add to cart" and then the next screen will allow you to enter the details for the engraving.

Sorry for the problem you were having, it does appear to be sorted now

Sarah x

• AllyMcBear
    Beginner June 2012
    AllyMcBear ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Sarah, all sorted x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics