Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Karen84
Beginner July 2016

Gifts for parents

Karen84, 26 of April of 2016 at 13:49 Posted on Planning 0 6

Please can you inspire me with gifts that I can buy for my mum and dad? I am really struggling. I think they would both like some thing that said 'father of the bride', etc but I don't know where to begin.

My dad doesn't drink so something like a hipflask / whisky glass wouldn't work.

I think there are slightly more options for FOTB like cufflinks, etc but I'm more stumped on MOTB, so any suggestions will be greatly received.

6 replies

Latest activity by Karen84, 27 of April of 2016 at 13:02
  • A
    Beginner May 2016
    Arabella16 ·
    • Hide content

Mums are definitely harder I think! I've gone for an embroidered hanky (as she will definitely cry!) that has a little poem I wrote on it, and a vintage locket with a photo of us (but thats more down to personal taste) x

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

I have a friend who makes these frames... can we have up to 8/9 words of your choice and she makes them all from scratch and totally personalised with the words you want to have.

I've got 3 coming to give to OH's parents, my mum and my dad/step mum. Frame colours and background colours can change too.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

These haven't been stuck down yet, just proofs in case you thought they were wonky! X

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

As we had to consider a plane ride it was a little tricky, I would have loved to have given a rose bush.

We bought a bracelet which was plain but with a little detail (we know they probably wont wear it again) with this charm to attach to the clasp https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01B9P0Y9Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 so they can remove it and still wear it again should they wish, or the other idea was to give them the fake flowers we bought as well that looked far nicer in the picture, and then use the bracelet with the charm attached in a vase like a ribbon we'd also get, but having doubts over the flowers now.

• Jessyka1990
    Beginner June 2016
    Jessyka1990 ·
    • Hide content

Ive bought mom a beautful personalised vase. Sorry if image is huuge

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I received flowers and a nice vase off my son with just their names and date and thank you for your help on our special day engraved. A spa voucher or beauty shop voucher is good. Jewellery. Basket of pamper stuff maybe but something to keep is nice. Engraved mirror compact.

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all, I think I am leaning towards the handkerchief and a personalised compact mirror for my mum. I think the scrabble boxes are cute, but I don't think they have the same taste as me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics