Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner July 2011

gifts for the mothers??

BREALS, 8 July, 2010 at 18:41 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi everyone,

So.......has anyone ever heard of giving the mums anything different to flowers? i know its tradition but i think they can be expensive and they just die! plus my mum lives in spain so she cant take them home with her so its a waste.

what do you think??

Thanks xxxEmma

15 replies

Latest activity by *porsche*, 13 July, 2010 at 14:17
  • teeheeyoucrazyguys!
    teeheeyoucrazyguys! ·
    • Hide content

MIL got a photo frame and flowers delivered on the morning of the wedding. My mum got her flowers delivered and a voucher for a garden centre, lol i guess if you are going to get her a gift it needs to be conpact enough for her to take back to spain..... or how long is she staying for?

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

We've had the same issue, my OH's mum will be flying back to Northern Ireland so wanted to get her something different so I thought of a frame to put a wedding picture in then thought it would look bad if I gave his mum a frame and my mum flowers so maybe a frame for both!

• aecy
    Beginner October 2011
    aecy ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing a couple of things for the mothers, firstly I'm getting alexiness on here to do large favour boxes with their favorite sweets in as a special somehing. And we are also planning on attaching the ribbon to our cake with brooches(sp) which the mothers will then get as a keepsake.

A

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

I wasn't going to get the mums a separate present. But had silver photo frames engraves with our wedding date and the words "thank you for all your love and support on our special day". As my mum has a long way to travel the flowers would just die but my florist does lovely bush type plants in bags which might travel better which I will look into.

You getting the dads something special too then? x

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

How about a lovely piece of jewellery? I've had quite a few orders recently from Brides buying jewellery to give as gifts to their mums for their wedding. Your mum could wear it on the day/evening and again in the future. It would be something special she can keep.

If you fancy the idea of jewellery take a little look at the designs on my website below, I am a hitched listed supplier. Some items are currently in the sale and all items come in either a pretty gift box or bag. Designs can also be altered to suite your taste or requirements! Earrings can be made with posts or hooks, whichever your preference.

Just shout if you need any help!!

• mrsjbw2b
    Beginner August 2010
    mrsjbw2b ·
    • Hide content

Im getting my mum and mil solar lightd for the garden lol, they both love their gardens and yet both hate flowers

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

We didn't do presents as such for different reasons but for Christmas I designed a printed album with different pics from the wedding photographer and my parents loved it. That doesn't help for a present on the day though.

I get a lot of orders for jewellery to be given as presents and in particular these designs All have matching earrings and bracelets.

If you did want jewellery have a look at my website www.lynseysdesigns.co.uk and I currently have a special offer on available for hitchers.

When you spend £30 or more you will receive a FREE pair of Sterling Silver earrings in the design of your choice to the value of £8 OR when you spend £80 or more you will receive a FREE necklace in the design of your choice to the value of £20. Please quote 'hitchedoffers' and your username at the time of ordering to be eligible for the offer. ONLY ONE OFFER PER CUSTOMER

I also make bespoke designs which might be ideal if you want to use a specific colour or change designs to suit.

Lynsey x

• AmyLovesPaul
    Beginner May 2011
    AmyLovesPaul ·
    • Hide content

I've got my mum a necklace and earrings set that is the seme design as the bridesmaids necklaces. Thought it would be something she could keep for a long time!!

• KEBO Jewellery
    KEBO Jewellery ·
    • Hide content

I was also going to suggest some jewellery (as I am a jewellery designer!!), something that they can keep forever and everytime they wear it, it will remind them of the amazing day.

I not only do bridal jewellery but I do everyday jewellery which is made with gemstones, sterling silver etc. I am always asked to do commissions as presents which is a sterling silver heart with their birth stone and the birth stones of their partners, children etc also hanging from the chain. These go down really well as they are personal.

Please feel free to get in *****@*************.**.****** me if you want to discuss further.

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

I agree with others, jewellery is a great choice!

The Pearl Drop range on my website is a lovely gift for mums, and its a really popular design for presents. You don't have to buy something to match the outfit they are wearing at the wedding, and something like Pearl Drop is so versatile and will be worn again and again. Shown below are ivory freshwater peals, silver/grey freshwater pearls and semi-precious hematite. Glass pearls are also available but freshwater pearls make a lovely present and mean so you can get something really special made for IMO a reasonable price. http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/pendants_bridal.html#pendants_pearl_drop

If you fancy a bit of colour then Peacock is one of my faves http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/necklaces_occasion.html#necklaces_peacock

or perhaps Candy http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/necklaces_occasion.html#necklaces_candy

Lots more ideas on my website www.louloubelle.co.uk, or I can design something totally bespoke! You can read client feedback for some bespoke pieces designed for very different mothers here http://www.louloubelle.co.uk/client_feedback.html

Please do drop me an email on ****@***********.**.** if you'd like further information or would like to discuss ideas. There is currently an offer for hitchers running in June, July and August, details of which can be found on my suppliers page.

Lisa x

• B
    Beginner July 2011
    BREALS ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all your ideas, i think jewelery or a frame is the way forward....

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

How about getting both if budget stretched to it? Next have some gorgeous frames.

I've got a good offer on at the moment which would allow you to get a whole jewellery set for £30 (or less if you went for a cheaper set) as you'd get free sterling silver earrings. Not sure if you have the signatures on where I've displayed my offer so thought I'd mention it.

This jewellery set isn't even on the website and I've had a few orders this week for it after showing it to customers who wanted silver pearls. It would be just over £30 for all of it because the earrings would be free.

x

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I dunno! A frame would be a good idea!

What about a small bunch of flowers, nothing massive and elaborate, something like an M&S hand tied spray or that, and then tell them that once you have them , you will let them pic the photo of their choice and you will order it from the photographer as a print, and a copy of the DVD.

• D
    Beginner March 2008
    David2010 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,,,,,,,,,,,

I just love using the digital camera to take a picture of each child holding a spring boquet of flowers. Then we glue to mat board, write "Cute As A Button" on top, and glue buttons all over the edges. We also make a book called I Love You and write several pages of analogies. I love you like I love ice cream. I love you like daddy loves golf, I love you like bears love honey, etc. I just love using the digital camera to take a picture of each child holding a spring boquet of flowers. Then we glue to mat board, write "Cute As A Button" on top, and glue buttons all over the edges. We also make a book called I Love You and write several pages of analogies. I love you like I love ice cream. I love you like daddy loves golf, I love you like bears love honey, etc.

free download

• *porsche*
    Beginner January 2001
    *porsche* ·
    • Hide content

What about a small token gift like some chocs or a bottle of something and then get them a canvas pic of you both from the wedding sent over.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics