Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Shelly70
Beginner July 2016

Gifts for Witnesses .... ?

Shelly70, 5 of January of 2016 at 11:40 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi All

I'm after some advice. I've bought thank you gifts for the immediate bridal party (best man, BM's, parents etc) but just wondered if you buy gifts for your witnesses?

Thanks in advance.

Shelly x

7 replies

Latest activity by Lexi_K, 5 of January of 2016 at 18:47
  • N
    Beginner January 2016
    NoMoore ·
    • Hide content

I've just got them a bottle of wine and a little thank you card, but it will be left at their place on the table rather than being handed out Smiley smile

I don't think you traditionally need to get them anything though.

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

Our witnesses are part of the bridal party so two birds one stone! If I were to have separate witnesses I would consider a gift that is not too expensive but a symbolic keepsake such as a nice pen maybe with the date of the wedding engraved on it.

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

Usually members of the bridal party act as witnesses so most people tend to get them gifts for being part of the bridal party. However, I’m hoping to have witnesses who aren’t in the bridal party (need to run it by the vicar), over the past 12 months H2B and I have made very good friends with another couple but don’t feel we’ve known them long enough to invite them to be part of the bridal party would but still like to involve them. So I think we will be getting them a little thank you, but it’s entirely up to you!

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content

We're having 4 witnesses and 3 of them are parents, so nothing to consider there. Our 4th though I am probably going to get a nice bottle of his favourite drink, and give it maybe the next day. I think it's nice to do something, but definitely not necessary if you're thinking about budget.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

My witnesses are the only people in Lapland with us. I'm doing them a photo book of holiday and wedding pics. Sorry that doesn't help anyone else.

If it was a UK wedding and not in bridal party in other ways I think I would do wine and a card. A engraved pen is a good idea also.

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    Steepdene ·
    • Hide content

Our witnesses are already part of the wedding party, so will be getting something. But if they were not I would consider getting a small gift.

• Shelly70
    Beginner July 2016
    Shelly70 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Ladies. And Jayne ... I can't believe you're still able to offer advice from Lapland with less than 24 hours to go. You're an amazing lady xxx

• L
    Beginner June 2016
    Lexi_K ·
    • Hide content

We'll probably give them a bunch of flowers each Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics