Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

2b_MrsB
Beginner June 2013

Gifts for your Groom

2b_MrsB, 3 of June of 2013 at 09:00 Posted on Planning 0 20

Hi Everyone,

With 19 days to go I really need to make a decision on a gift for my OH. To begin with I was looking at buying him a dress watch but have decided against it since he has a number of watches already plus he prefers a chunkier watch so only wears dress watches when its a must. Then I considered buying cufflinks which relate to the locations we got engaged and will be married, I still like this idea but he isn't short of cufflinks either. So I'm on the browse again.

What did/have you bought your OH as his wedding gift?

20 replies

Latest activity by Feb2014Bride , 4 of June of 2013 at 09:17
  • loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

Would he wear an identity bracelet? You could personalise it with your special dates? Or dog tag necklace, again personalised?

http://www.loadsagifts.com/cufflinks-and-jewellery/2675-sterling-silver-dog-tag-necklace.html

http://www.loadsagifts.com/10-personalised-gifts

have a look and you may get some ideas

Good luck with your search

• Lommel
    Beginner August 2014
    Lommel ·
    • Hide content

Not as a wedding gift but I bought my OH a mojo bracelet from Scarlett Jewellery and he loves it.

I may have FYEO photos done if I can squeeze the money from somewhere (£595, ouch!) and I've seen an idea on pinterest of writing him a love letter every week during the engagement and then binding them and giving them to him all in one go on the morning of the wedding :-)

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

An I.D. bracelet might be a possiblity

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

I've done a saucy photo shoot! I'm leaving these for him to look at on the morning of the wedding! ? Hopefully get the pictures back this week!

I also wrote to Chelsea FC and they have sent me a personalised congratulatory letter signed by the team plus loads of goodies! (I was so impressed that I even got a response!)

I'm also going to probably get him an engraved zippo lighter and a few fancy cigars.

And, I'm probably going to write him a vom inducing sickly sweet love note for him to read on the morning of the wedding too.

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    kitcat10210 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to get a bottle of either his favourite whiskey or one that hes been wanting to try for a while.

I can guarantee it will be open before 11am if the rest of the boys have their way.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I got mine some map cufflinks with our engagement and wedding location on them.

I also made up some postcards from Vistaprint with blank sections entitled "Advice for the Wedding Day" and "Advice for a Happy Marriage" and sent them out to all of his married male friends and family and then bound them together in a book for him.

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

19 days!!!! Eek!!! Seems suddenly alot closer than it did yesterday- that '2' changing to a '1' is mighty scary haha!!

I ideally wanted to do a cheeky shoot but just can't come up with the spare money, so everything I have done has been on a small budget.

I have a digital photo frame which was still in its packaging so the other day I spent a few hours scouring my hard drive for some of my fave pics of our time together. Some are just couple shots, some are with our children at special points in our lives. I also rewrote my countdown chalkboard to show 1 day to go and photographed that, along with a picture of the church, our rings, the pen we have with our wedding date and names on and the perpetual calendar I bought for the register signing table, again set to the wedding date. Hopefully he will enjoy the sideshow!

I've also made him a goody bag with individually wrapped bits in, a bit like those survival kits...

In it are his wedding date socks, a mini engraved (and filled) hip flask, tissues, a good luck charm etc along with daft bits like earplugs, paracetamol etc.

I'll buy him a card and write something nice in it too- he loved the valentines / wedding prep poem I did for him, so will do something along those lines.

It may all seem a bit naff, but I know he will appreciate it :0) xx

• louise fisher
    Beginner July 2014
    louise fisher ·
    • Hide content

If it were me,I may ask him what he wants.

if it is not so convenient,may be I will buy him a pen,I think that is meaningful...

But a shirt is nice too,and quite useful..

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

I've got him an engraved watch. He'll be expecting something along those lines via the best man.

He won't be expecting a mountain bike he's been drooling after, that we can take on honeymoon to Dartmoor. Or the weekend in a posh hotel in his hometown when the Tour De France kicks off there next summer.

I'd love to buy him a thousand presents, he deserves it!!

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ❤️ LOVE ❤️ this idea!! I have already got the Groom and BM a hip flask - playing with fire there maybe - but the little survival kit is a fab idea. That is well and truely stolen, ha.

• B
    Beginner June 2013
    bride2b84 ·
    • Hide content

My OH is really into Whisky so I have got him a set of whiskey glasses and a decanter thing.

• P
    Beginner July 2013
    PFY1980 ·
    • Hide content

I just created some custom OS maps on the OS maps site, One foe where i first siad i loved him, one for where we got engaged and One for where we are getting married. £50 well spent the emotional value = priceless. We always say "Happiness is a hedge in Waddsdon"

With the maps you can center on your location, its quite cool really.

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I looked at various survival kits online but figured I'd just use elements of them. If it's of any use to you, here's what I have put in:

Socks, so you don't get cold feet.

Tissues, just in case you need them.

Hip flask, in case of last minute nerves.

Bag of marbles, for when I start to lose mine.

Paracetamol, if I'm ever a pain.

Tealight candle, for a bright future together.

Haribo rings, in case your dad forgets.

Mini compass, may we always find the right path together.

Earplugs, you're bound to want them sometimes.

A bag of 5, 2 + 1 pence pieces, so we're never completely broke.

A four leaf clover charm, to wish you luck in everything you do.

One rolo in a packet, because I do. (I liked this one, cos I got to eat all the others haha!)

All wrapped in ivory tissue paper with a little note card attached to each item.

• M
    Beginner September 2013
    morristobe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've just pinched this idea :-) fingers crossed I get a letter to give to hubby2b on our wedding morning too :-)

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

Bradley Wiggins management co said he'd sign the card I sent in. But that was Feb and no sign yet Smiley sad

• loadsagifts
    Beginner January 2012
    loadsagifts ·
    • Hide content

A bit of shameless plugging here, (I do try not to but sometimes it cannot be helped, esp if I can save anyone some money!) ?

We sell cufflinks, http://www.loadsagifts.com/85-cufflinks

http://www.loadsagifts.com/thank-you-gifts/313-contemporary-wedding-cufflinks.html

These are on the site at the moment but I am adding more as we speak. If anyone was buying more than two pair I could work out discount and I also offer 3% discount to all Hitched customers as standard

Sorry folks, but I had to do it!

• S108HAN
    Beginner August 2013
    S108HAN ·
    • Hide content

A telescope. We love watching the night sky and astronomy programmes but have never bought the gear to do it properly.

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone,

I still haven't bought anything but thanks for sharing your ideas

? x

• INeverThought
    INeverThought ·
    • Hide content

I got my hubby to be a set of driving books and lessons as he never learnt to drive in the hope that maybe he would take the plunge and learn.... well I saved my money as 11 years on he still has not been bothered to do it!

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Brilliant, thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics