Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner April 2011

Girls please help me with my hair crisis!!!

Pollyjean35, 17 of March of 2011 at 09:28 Posted on Planning 0 16

I get married in 3 weeks and had my hair trial at the weekend, it was a disaster!! I thought I was going for a side bun but ended up looking like Princess Leah so had to sack the idea. I then decided to go with a back bun but the hairdresser back combed my hair to within an inch of its life and I ended up looking like a throw back from the 80s! ☹️

I have booked another trial for tomorrow and i need to take along some pics with me, i think thats the only way she will get it right. I dont want any back combing just an elegant bun but cant find any decent pics. I have this one but when I showed my bridesmaid she said i would look like I have a growth at the back of my head!!!!

What do you think? Does anyone have any nice pics they can flash? Im starting to panic...............

16 replies

Latest activity by Pollyjean35, 18 of March of 2011 at 09:25
  • caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content

How about a french roll? quite elegant and I thought about it for mine but ended up I'm going for a french pleat because my hair is long enough to sit on and I kinda want to show it off!!

• Lauren25
    Beginner July 2011
    Lauren25 ·
    • Hide content

There is an easy way to get a neat bun, Im not sure what its called but its a round donut type thing you can get from a hair wholesalers, your hairdresser might find using it easier..(no backcombing needed!)

Im a hairdresser and always use these thing for wedding hair, buns, barrell curls, to get height etc lots of things you can do with them.

• P
    Beginner April 2011
    Pollyjean35 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls, my hairdresser said she could try the bun with a donut so will give that a go. Do you think the bun in the pic is too big?

• Lauren25
    Beginner July 2011
    Lauren25 ·
    • Hide content

I dont think it is too big, I think with wedding hair it should have a bit of a statement about it. You want everyone to be able to see that its a bun. Remember thou it will depend on how thick your own hair is regarding the size that your bun will be (this is sounding very strange)..

• caweena
    Beginner
    caweena ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No, and even if I did it's your wedding and you shouldn't worry what anyone thinks - as long as you feel fab xx

• N
    Beginner April 2011
    nat2683 ·
    • Hide content

Cant offer anything useful because Im having my hair down and curly, but just wanted to say Good Luck Date Twin with your next hair appointment, hope you get it sorted exactly as you want it!

• P
    Beginner April 2011
    Pollyjean35 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh thanks Nat, hope you are more organised than me!!! I still havent even picked my music!!!

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

This was my hair trial

So although it was a side bun it was more of a messy one than a tight one.

• Chez2k
    Beginner October 2010
    Chez2k ·
    • Hide content

Google.... wedding hair bun and then click images and there are tons of different pics. x

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

I wanted that kind of style too, how about something like this?

This is the kind of look I was going to have but I'm also going to be wearing a veil and wanted it high up so that wont work ☹️

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Or try chignon I found loads and loads this way.

There's also a couple of good you-tube videos by Sharon Blain which show you how to use things like hair pads and donuts (and then you can buy on ebay for about a fiver). I've had to do this as I fell in love with a chignon, but have very, very fine hair so I need some more volume - so much so that I'm actually going to have to use clip in extensions too.

HTH

• P
    Beginner April 2011
    Pollyjean35 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What does a chignon look like, I can only seem to find pics of the front/side and cant really see what it looks like? x

• Snuggle-bum
    Beginner July 2011
    Snuggle-bum ·
    • Hide content

Im wanting a side bun style and these are the pics ive saved....

• Frizzball
    Beginner October 2010
    Frizzball ·
    • Hide content

This is our daughter as our bridesmaid

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Pretty much the same as a bun. The second photo snuggle-bum has posted comes up under a search for chignon - it's what started me off on my searching!

• P
    Beginner April 2011
    Pollyjean35 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls lots of ideas here!! I have been growing out a side fringe and I guess im not to sure what to do with the front of my hair, I dont want it to look flat but at the same time im drawing the line at back combing!

Definately sticking with the large bun, thanks!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics