Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2024 Staffordshire

Giving notice

Katy, 1 of April of 2024 at 22:31 Posted on Planning 0 2
I am about to give notice to my local registry office but it says you'll need mothers birth certificate if born after 1983, my partner is born after 1983 but has no contact with his mother and no way of getting her birth certificate, has anyone managed to do this without having the birth cert or will we not be allowed?

2 replies

Latest activity by Jhon, 3 of May of 2024 at 14:09
  • K
    Curious June 2024 Devon
    Kay ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, me and my partner just gave notice, we are both born in the 90’s. Neither of us took our mothers/fathers birth certificates. I think this is only if the person doesn’t have any forms of identification. You need to take two forms of id - we both took our driving license and passport. If you don’t have a driving license you can take a recent bill (council tax, water bill etc) but you need to have a valid passport (I think this is where the birth certificate applies if you don’t have a passport) we had to give our mothers and fathers name and their occupations but we didn’t have to supply anything else for them! Hope this helps! If you are still worried about what to take, give them a call! They would appreciate that more than you turning up without the documents you need
  • K
    Beginner August 2024 Staffordshire
    Katy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah Ok thank you, neither of us have passports either. I have emailed them but I'll give them a ring tomorrow as we're hoping to get married ASAP and need to put the notice is sooner rather than later really

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics