Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Elixia
Beginner March 2014

giving notice 4 1/2 months before isn't too late is it?

Elixia, 9 of October of 2013 at 19:40 Posted on Planning 0 11

I just need a slap in the face, but i know how councils are .... sloooooooooooooooooow

11 replies

Latest activity by Elixia, 10 of October of 2013 at 11:44
  • emjjarvy
    Beginner September 2014
    emjjarvy ·
    • Hide content

I am sure you need 2 weeks minimum between giving notice and your wedding date, and it is valid for a year. Have you booked the registrar yet? They get booked up a lot further in advance

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Oh yeah we booked the same time we booked the venue to make sure it was all correct at the time.

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Nope, I'm giving notice 3 months before (so I can do my passport at the same time) and OH is giving notice 6 weeks before.

I was was getting worried with reading the majority of people doing it at the year mark but it's fine.

• emmiejune
    Beginner December 2013
    emmiejune ·
    • Hide content

I am giving notice at the end of Oct and the wedding is in Dec. I think it is 16 days before as the cut off.

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

I "think" you need to do it 16 days before as the notice stays on display for 15 days, or, at least that was what I was told when we gave notice today. Initially we weren't intending on doing it until the new year but I have a few days off work and we decided just to get it out of the way instead of stressing nearer the time.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

From a legal point of view there's no problem at all. It's a good idea to book it soon if you can though, as their appointments can be rather sparse!

I think we gave notice about 2 months beforehand.

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    kitcat10210 ·
    • Hide content

We were told the sooner the better.

We have to go through two councils (we have to give notice where we live but book registrar with another council because we are getting married in a different borough)

The registrar booking was only provisional until we had given notice, and we were told if someone came along who had given notice and had all the docs and wanted to book a registrar, then they would have to give them ours because it was only a provisional booking and they couldnt hold it for us if someone else was more prepared and wanted to book them.

• Studying&Planning
    Beginner April 2014
    Studying&Planning ·
    • Hide content

I was planning to give notice far closer to the ceremony, but when I rang to book this week, they said ceremony was not guaranteed until notice had been given so we ought to do it ASAP, so instead of Frb half term as intended, we're giving notice at Oct Half Term.. Just need to find OHs decree absolute (I know it's in a box somewhere..)

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Ours wouldn't hold our provisional booking if we didn't give notice by a certain date. Have you checked with them?

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Nope, no warning of a date, so I assume there isn't a cutoff date. Still gonna ring them today to book those interviews.

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

... hope its not like trying to pay my council tax ... no direct line was working, had to call up the receptionist after hunting the number online!

• Elixia
    Beginner March 2014
    Elixia ·
    • Hide content

Well appointments made beginning of Nov *phew*

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics