Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2012

Giving notice when marrying in Vegas

K8_2408, 8 of May of 2012 at 21:38 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 0 3

We've just changed our plans from getting married in the UK to getting married in Vegas.

Do we need to still give notice? I have tried googling but am a little bit confused! It seems that some websites I've come across say that you might need to to get the certificate of impediment but not sure whether that is the case for America.

I know what we have to do in Vegas to get the license but just want to make sure everything is legal from this end too.

3 replies

Latest activity by K8_2408, 23 of May of 2012 at 18:54
  • L
    Beginner October 2012
    Lizard83 ·
    • Hide content

I would like to know the answer to this too!! xx

• Haylz16
    Beginner November 2012
    Haylz16 ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married in Vegas in November and according to our wedding planner we just need to get the marriage license and don't have to give notice. I think this is why Vegas is known for quick 'shotgun' weddings.

• adelly
    Beginner April 2012
    adelly ·
    • Hide content

No you don't need to give notice. As you already know you will go and get a marriage licence from the County Clerk's Office when you get to Vegas, prior to the wedding.

Then you take that along to your wedding ceremony to show the Reverend.

It's all really easy! ?

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    K8_2408 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for confirming adelly!

I just couldn't get my head round that for a wedding to be legal in the UK you have to give notice (civil), but I thought maybe as we're both UK residents we would have to do something over here to make it 'legal' too.

It just seemed to be all to easy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics