Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner

Glasgow Brides, can you help?

Mrs Campbell 2 be, 29 April, 2012 at 11:27 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hey ladies ?

i'm a newbie, and i'm looking to get married in Glasgow this year, it will be a small intimate wedding, with only a maximum of 50 guests, i literally have no money saved as this decision to get married has just came about...

so....

i'm looking for ideas on small wedding venues, possibly a small hotel, for a civil ceremony and reception, could go for a ceremony at Park Circus, with an intimate meal and reception at a small hotel...

help!

and thankyou in advance ?

9 replies

Latest activity by Mellow_Yellow, 2 May, 2012 at 12:12
  • *tinkerbell*
    Beginner March 2013
    *tinkerbell* ·
    • Hide content

I know it might seem quite expensive but have you thought about Hotel Du Vin in the west end. A friend of mine had a small wedding of about 40 last year and she said the do have some lower priced packages .

or House for an art lover if you wanted something a bit different

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea of costs but I know the Ubiquitous Chip restaurant does weddings.

Check out the Scottish Wedding Directory website, you can search there for venues by capacity.

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

The sisters restaurant is just round the corner from Park Circus on Kelvingrove street and is lovely. Not sure of capacity though. Good advice to look at the Scottish Wedding directory.

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Congratulations, how exciting :-)

I'm getting married at House For An Art Lover this year, fab venue, ofcourse I'm bias.

I guess it depends on your budget. Oran Mor h=is another fab venue and again close to Park Circus, they have various sized rooms, might be suitable for you???

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

I posted a few ideas over at this thread this morning: https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/306755.aspx

Sorry for double post but here's what it says :

What about Sloans? Their ballroom is gorgeous and where I'd considered when we were thinking of going away ourselves.

Or

http://www.pollokshieldsburghhall.com/

A friend just got marrid in kinlochard village hall and it was gorgeous, might be worth a look.

http://www.standrewsinthesquare.com/ is nice too.

And this is something else we considered and surprised a the prices for the hire http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/Residents/Parks_Outdoors/VenueHire/

• B
    Beginner August 2012
    BatsGirl ·
    • Hide content

Or what about hiring a bus to take everyone out Loch Lomond way? Nice setting for a wedding. Few good places up Milngavie way too - Restaurant in Mugdock park (not sure if they do weddings though btu wouldbe a fantastic location for pics) - Kirkhouse Inn in Strathblane maybe? Bar called Cyan in the centre of Milngavie that does larger parties and is a slick wee venue with AMAZING food. Piccolo Mondo is great food too but would be a sit down meal, no space for mingling really. You can also hire areas in Arta which are quite nice.

• CIAPhotography
    CIAPhotography ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

Not sure what your budget is, but around my local area (Loch Lomond), we have places such as Knockderry house, The Culag, Sweeney's Cruises, Maid of the Loch or Ardlui Hotel.

Hope this helps. Why not have a look at www.yourweddingatlochlomond.co.uk for some supplier and venue ideas?

• M
    Beginner
    MAG2FMC ·
    • Hide content

I would take a look at the Glasgow Art Club. It's £800 to hire both the dining room (where they normally have civil ceremonies) and the gallery (where they hold the reception), but it's only £500 to hire the gallery (and with your numbers, you may be able to do both the ceremony and reception in the gallery). Their catering is done by En Croute, which should work with you on your budget for the meal.

• celticgoddess
    Beginner March 2012
    celticgoddess ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can vouch for the sisters restaurant in kelvingrove street. we went there after our ceremony at park circus and the food was outstanding. the staff were so attentive and went out of their way to give us a meal to remember. there was just us and our 2 witnesses and we were in a private booth which was ideal. im not sure if you can hire out the whole restaurant though but jacqueline is very friendly im sure she could work something out for you.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I think if you are looking at around 50 people, then restaurants are a good call.

Oran Mor, La Fiorentina, The Sisters, The Partners, Arta, and Corinthian are all well worth a Google.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics