Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2013

Glasgow Old Fruit Market

ShortandSweet91, 7 March, 2012 at 15:50 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hello everyone!

I've been browsing the internet for venues in the Glasgow area and recently came across The Old Fruit Market and The City Halls in Glasgow and myself and my Fiancé fell in love with it! We've not been able to view it yet, but I was just wondering if anyone else had their wedding there or had attended one at this venue - if so all thoughts and comments would be appreciated, good and bad!

ShortandSweet91

1 replies

Latest activity by Kriek, 7 March, 2012 at 17:45
  • Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Sorry - haven't been, but feel free to shout out for recommendations on suppliers and things once you get booked up! ?

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I looked at the Fruitmarket and concert halls and it is a beautiful venue. The Fruit Market is huge, I think it can take about 400 people, but they can adjust the lighting so it doesn't look as big and there are other smaller rooms depending on your numbers. I'm not sure what the parking situation is, I would ask about this as parking in the city centre can be a nightmare and very expensive.

I really liked the Fruit Market but we didn't book it because they couldn't guarantee our date more than 6 months ahead because a lot of the rooms are used by the BBC and other companies for concerts etc. This might just have been because we were looking at December but the staff will be able to advise you about this.

There's a wedding fair on at Hamilton Park Racecourse on 24 and 25th March if that's any help for you looking for suppliers etc.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics