Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrandMrsFord
Beginner November 2011

Glass Hire and AFTER the storm questions!

MrandMrsFord, 7 May, 2011 at 12:29 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hello! Smiley smile

So I have a bit of a funny question, we need glass hire for the Ceremony in the Rose Garden after the wedding, for our champagne and canapes.

After that we go on to the reception for more welcome drinks then the fancy 4 course meal etc. So it's only the ceremony we need the glass hire for.

First of all, does anyone know where is the best place to get glasses from? I used to think there might be some free places to get them from but now I cannot seem to find them online? I thought some supermarkets do!?

Secondly, what are your plans about returning these things after the wedding?

Do you delegate it to the ushers etc to return them on Sunday or something?

x

5 replies

Latest activity by Leabee28, 8 May, 2011 at 15:37
  • Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

Heya, i think Waitrose do glass hire, maybe M&S too!

also off lisences like threshers do it too. some times u have o return thm washed but someplaces just ask u to pack them up dirty and they wash them, you nee to find one ofthose places!! :o)

• Saisi
    Beginner June 2011
    Saisi ·
    • Hide content

Waitrose definitely do glass hire. I believe it's free and you pay £1 per breakage (or something similar) so it's pretty good. Not sure if you have to buy the champagne from them though.

Am sure Majestic also do glass hire so check them too Smiley smile

As for returning things... suit hire we get for a couple of days after the wedding so will let everyone sort their own. Our reception hall hire lasts from Friday to Sunday which is really useful as it means we can go and pick everything else up the day after.

• L
    Beginner September 2012
    Little Rhi ·
    • Hide content

I think Debenhams may do glass hire, possibly try John Lewis as well?? Not sure though.

My mum and MIL are going to help return things afterwards. I think just whoever you trust to return things in one piece ?

xx

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

Morrisons also do free glass hire. I would get an usher or parent to take them back the day after as little Rhi said "someone you trust"

Just make sure that you keep the box handy and politely ask people to put them back in to the box once finished and get an usher to help pack them away.

• MrandMrsFord
    Beginner November 2011
    MrandMrsFord ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! Smiley smile

That is great I will check those places!!

• L
    Beginner March 2012
    Leabee28 ·
    • Hide content

Tesco do as well will check the price when im in work and let you know, M&S also do it as we have had them from there before xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics