Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2014

Glass in my feet help!

Mrslizziew2be, 11 of August of 2014 at 09:01 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 11

Was wondering I'd anyone can help me, at my hen on sat I was on the dance floor and had taken my stupidly high wedges off to carry on dancing and there was so much glass but I didn't notice until I'd been dancing on it. Stupid me I know!

Anyway OH was waiting for me outside the club because he'd been drinking and was hungry and I ha the bank card and he knows I always go to the chicken house next to the club after Iv been out. He carried me to another friends car because my feet were p***ing out with blood. When he got home he waited until I'd passed out on the sofa and he tried to get as much out as he could.

when I got up on Sunday I thought my dog was cut because the amount of blood on the floor! But nope it was from me! I carried on yesterday thinking it was just the cuts that hurt but today Iv got up and my feet are bleeding again and in sure there's still glass in them. Iv done the normal soak my feet in warm salty water.

The problem is we have a tenant moving in today so I need to clear out a room, plus I hate hospitals. There thought of a nurse digging through the cuts while I'm awake just scares me because I'm not that great with pain.

Do I just need to man up and go to A&E or will the glass find it's own way out? On my right foot I have around 10 cuts 5 being deep.

11 replies

Latest activity by Mrslizziew2be, 11 of August of 2014 at 19:47
  • Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

Yes you should go to A&E. You always walk on your feet so you will just keep pushing the glass in deeper!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Thank you, I guess I knew that would be the answer.

Our docs is impossible to get an appointment, so A&E I guess it shall be.

The mother in me is saying if this happened to one of the small people it would be A&E straight away, but the sheer fear of the pains the thing stopping me, but it hurts with the glass in so it's a bit like a catch 22.

My mum always said glass can find away or working it's own way out... Maybe she was wrong ha!

Thank you, it's the kick up the bum I think I needed.

• lc93
    Beginner September 2016
    lc93 ·
    • Hide content

I'm sure if you explain to them that you're nervous and not good with pain, they'll be able to use something to numb the pain or give a local anaesthetic, or some pain relief to help you out - they're not going to pin you down and rip your feet to pieces!

Definitely wont come out on its own and like others have said you may need some antibiotics or stitches if its bad enough.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Ic93- hopefully they do numb it, I have no problem with needles so will be more then happy for them to do that. The numbing stuff is amazing, I had a cut at the top of my temple near my hair line once as I got attacked, it was so deep my scull was visible, a few mins after they put the numbing stuff into my face I was fine.

Just hope they do do something along them lines!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for A&E here. Glass will work its way out eventually but that could take years! It's better if they get it all out now. Is your tetanus up to date?

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Erm I can't recall ever having one, but I'll get them to cheek my medical history. My feet seem to be swelling so infection may be setting in Smiley sad.

Just got to get the ro sorted for the tenant and FMIL is coming roud to help then shall head off, if I can get someone to give me a lift!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Little update: Iv sorted the room out for the tenant and called my mum to baby sit, she should be here soon so ican go to A&E! Foot still bleeding Smiley sad!

Thank you all so much, probs would of just sat in pain without you's!

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

I hope you get it sorted soon. Tetanus injections runs out after 10 years -l experienced this the hard way when a landladies cat took a chunk out of my thumb years ago.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Ouch, if that's the case I would of been 15 10 years ago so would hope I could remember. I don't think I had a shot when I got attacked as there was nothing imbedded in me. Shall defo have to ask for one! Thank you!

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

No advice as you've already hopped off to A&E but just wanted to say hope all is well.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Well I'm back Smiley smile

they used a numbing spray and it only lasted for a few seconds but the nurse managed to free my left foot of glass but nothing would budge from my right foot!

as I was waiting 10 mins for him to get the spray I noticed 1 cut was weeping so pushed on the outside of it and more puss came out followed by glass. He said infection will set in and the rest should get pushed out like that bit did.

He did say though if any cuts get inflamed and red to go straight back and plastics will have to take let as he's not willin to risk nerve damage digging around in my foot.

Im glad I went, thanks so much x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics