Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner November 2012

Glitzy Secrets - in a quandry over accessories

mrs2b2013, 19 June, 2012 at 07:59 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hello everyone,

this is my gfirst post in a long time and i really need some advice. I love the accessories that Glitzy secrets currently have but I dont know whether what i want will be too OTT.

I love their side tiaras but im stuck knowing whether they would go with an updo?? Any opinions? Secondly, if im having a side tiara will it look strange if i have drop earrings? Or should i stick to small studs? and finally, what are your thoughts on a necklace to go with all the above? lol!!

Really love their stuff but dont want it to be overkill if you get me!!

Thanks in advance Smiley smile

C x

14 replies

Latest activity by RebeccaC, 20 June, 2012 at 20:42
  • C
    Beginner August 2012
    chloe_chloe ·
    • Hide content

I've ordered a few pieces from Glitzy Secrets and really like their stuff - the crystals look really beautiful.

I think it very much depends on your dress and what kind of updo you're going for. I think a side tiara would look lovely with an updo. A necklace and drop earrings as well may look a bit too much, but I think it depends very much on the neckline of your dress. The main thing is to make sure that all of it goes together.

Do you have a pic of your dress and the hairdo you're thinking of?

Glitzy Secrets are really good with returns (although you can't return pierced earrings). You could buy a few things and see how it all looks on? I bought a hair comb from them which I sent back as I decided it didn't look right with my dress.

• M
    Beginner November 2012
    mrs2b2013 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Chloe ?

My dress is sonsie 91052 and comes with a lace jacket hence why im not sure how it will all look. my dress has crystals over the bust and the back of the dress leading down onto the train.

Contrary to my name, we are getting married in 4 months so i need to get it sorted, plus im not prepared to pay full cost so hope to get some discount!!
    My dress has a sweetheart neckline - i tried on a side tiara in the shop wihich was a lot bigger than i am looking at. I was thinking of a small pair of earrings and a small necklace. rather than my original choice of the drop earrings and matching necklace.

When are you getting married?

• M
    Beginner November 2012
    mrs2b2013 ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.adreamcometrueweddings.co.uk/bridal-sonsie/bridal-sonsie.html#thumb

• RachTN25
    Beginner December 2012
    RachTN25 ·
    • Hide content

It's worth typing Glitzy Secrets into ebay every now and then as they usually have side tiaras on there. I ended up getting one of their hair slides instead, brand new for a lot less.

Rachel x

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

I agree that you should have a look on ebay - there are a few on there at the minute Smiley smile

I think a side tiara with an updo would look lovely. I would have smaller earrings and no necklace but that is my personal preference. Also as you are having a jacket, a necklace might make it a bit fussy.

• pinkfrost
    Beginner June 2014
    pinkfrost ·
    • Hide content

My friend got married last monday, she had a maggie sottero dress with a lace jacket.
    She had the side tiara & a gorgeous necklace & matching earrings from glitzy...

http://www.glitzysecrets.com/simply-pearl-necklace.html
    http://www.glitzysecrets.com/simply-pearl-earrings.html

• Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

I think single drop earrings might be best and no or a simple necklace.

The "for sale" forum on here often has tiaras etc so you might get lucky and get one there.

• MrsA2012
    Beginner July 2012
    MrsA2012 ·
    • Hide content

There's a 10% discount code at the moment. I think it's pwdiscount but if you like them on facebook it's on there. I got my glitzy secrets side tiara brand new on ebay. The seller had changed her mind. I paid £40, but it's £75 on the website.

I'm having a side tiara and drop earrings. Although they are both very blingy, I'm not wearing a necklace (dress is halterneck) and my dress is very plain.

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

Mine isn't so much a side tiara it's more a headband with a little decoration on one side. I am wearing it with pearly sparkly drop earrings from 3d jewellery. My dress is strapless and blue so the sparkle really stands out. Apart from my ring the only other jewellery I'm wearing is a small sparkly bracelet (also from 3d) everything goes well and compliments my dress without going OTT.

i wanted a necklace but I love my earrings so decided to go without

S x

• ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

Lovely dress! Are you having a veil? If you are will that have crystals or anything on it? I think a side tiara wouldn't look over the top with that dress, but you'd probably want to keep other jewellery quite simple. I am having a glitzy secret side tiara with an updo. I am also having a pearl necklace and pearl drop earrings, but my dress and veil are quite plain so it shouldn't look over the top. This is my tiara:

/products/exquisitely-precious-side-tiara

• M
    Beginner November 2012
    mrs2b2013 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for your input ?

I am not having a veil just the jacket which goes with it but the reason is because i have a large tattoo on my back which i dont think i want displayed through the service so the jacket distorts it. It was a choice between a veil or the jacket.
    It is highly likely that i will be whipping my jacket off after the service and some photos as i wont feel so conscious then.

I think im going to sit down one evening when the kids are in bed and seriously see what i think will work - i did show the dress shop owner my choice and she said she thought it would look great.
    i will check out Ebay too though xxx

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Don`t know if it helps but I have just started a new fascinator site and have some pretty new hairbands, some with little birdcage veils, which could be another idea.

Hope that helps

Lynne

www.weddingfascinator.co.uk

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

hi, I think that drop earrings would look lovely if their main feature isnt being sparkly...if you get what I mean?

something like this https://www.etsy.com/listing/102543363/faux-pearls-and-silver-rings-necklace

...is quite simple, elegant and un-sparkly. Im thinking about getting it myself, except I have pearls in my tiara so dont know if I would then have too may pearls going on!!?

x

• RebeccaC
    RebeccaC ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I'm Rebecca from Simply Silver.

If you are having an updo have you thought about hair pins woven through your hair. I make these:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics