Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner December 2012

Going Away Outfit

fairyland, 18 April, 2012 at 17:57 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi ladies

I'm looking for some ideas...

My h2b and I are leaving for honeymoon the day after our wedding (8 Dec) and are leaving the reception early(ish) for our hotel near the airport. I was just wondering if you have any ideas for a 'going away outfit' as obviously I won't be able to wear my wedding dress (as much as I would love to!). I know back in the days when my mum and dad got married ladies would wear skirt suits but I guess nowadays anything goes.

Think I would like to wear a dress when I leave but not sure whether to go long/short, jacket/no jacket/feather shrug, black/colour/cream - does it need to be in keeping with my theme/wedding dress style? I still want to look like the bride but obviously a bride about to leave for her honeymoon!

Too many options!

Any suggestions/ideas greatly appreciated Smiley smile

11 replies

Latest activity by MrsMaddock2b, 26 April, 2012 at 16:31
  • Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

You will still be in your dress when you leave the reception will you not? Then you just go and get changed into your airport clothes or am I missing something?

ETA As in you are not going away till the next day so you just leave the reception in your dress as normal, then wear your airport clothes the next day.

• F
    Beginner December 2012
    fairyland ·
    • Hide content

No, will change out of my dress just before I leave....otherwise I would have to try to cram it in my suitcase to take away with me ?

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Ohhh I seee. Maybe a litle ivory shift dress with a nice cream coat? I wore a white maxi to go on honeymoon but it was summer!

• F
    Beginner December 2012
    fairyland ·
    • Hide content

I just re-read my original post - may have written it a bit confusing!

Cream shift is a great idea - they are really wearable so I will be able to wear it again (OH will be very pleased with that!!)

Maybe with some nice lace detailing too...

I was thinking of wearing a colour but now I quite like the idea of white/cream/ivory - that way I will still feel like it's my wedding day/night even when I have left!

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

I got a used but immaculate cream dress on Ebay to walk home in from the reception.. not sure whether I could wear it to other weddings though, as friends will have seen me in it at mine?

• S
    Beginner
    SarahJoanne ·
    • Hide content

Are u wearing it to fly in?

i have seen a lovely dress im thinking of getting changed into on the evening

type this into ebay search

Stock Free Bolero Short Wedding Bridesmaid Prom Gown Dress

not sure if its suitable to fly in but i love it lol x

• G
    Beginner December 2012
    Gemicle ·
    • Hide content

?,value[323]&set=key[type],value[FASHION_FRONT]&call=url[file:/product/large]" height="291" width="249" alt="" />hennes (comfy material) debenhams (might get you an upgrade!)

warehouse

then team with

or a fur collared winter coat

I think i'm addicted to internet shopping Smiley sad

• C
    Beginner July 2012
    claire2999 ·
    • Hide content

Not got any specific ideas, but could you find something special for your hair that matches your going away outfit- then you will still feel and look special! Either that or a flashing beacon that says VIP!!!

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,How about a fascinator? I have just started a website and have modern, quirky, traditional and vintage styles in many colours. some have pins so could be pinned to a dress, jacket or gorgeous bag!

Hope that helps

www.weddingfascinator.co.uk and Lemon Violet facebook page has more photos

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

Please dont get on the plane in a fascinator. ?

• MrsMaddock2b
    Beginner December 2012
    MrsMaddock2b ·
    • Hide content

Just a thought......

instead of going down the 'smart' theme (now it may not be your cup of tea so don't shoot me down in flames if it's not) but how about getting yourself a nice girly tracksuit (juicy couture or the like) in white or Ivory and then getting from eBay some of the iron on diamante that say 'Bride' or 'Mrs *****' or 'Just Married' and putting on the back of the top or just above your bum on the pants . Not everyones cup of tea i'm sure but comfy for your journey and when can you get away with wearing something like that if not on your wedding day? I know I would be relieved to slip into something like that after wearing a heavy dress all day.

xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics