Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner September 2014

Going home after the wedding?

loves-young-dream, 12 of February of 2013 at 20:03 Posted on Planning 0 12

Anyone doing this? Or does everyone stay in a hotel afterwards? We may just go home as our venue is a barn and not many hotels near by!

Just wondering what everyone else is doing!

x

12 replies

Latest activity by Bluebell25, 13 of February of 2013 at 09:52
  • mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Hi hun :0) we have been debating this too..... We had seen a fab deluxe suite at a hotel about 20 minstrel from the venue and thought about booking that. Trouble is, we have hired a village hall and have to return the following morning for the clean up, so £200+ on a room we can't take full advantage of seems a bit daft. I suggested we come home at the end of the night, along with all our kids (saves having family squish in the house to babysit the younger ones). Not exactly romantic I know,but at least we will only be 5 minstrel from the venue, can have dinner en masse that day then will look at someone watching the kids that night (day after the wedding) so we can have the suite and really enjoy the time out properly, seeing as we won't be having a honeymoon.

It's really a case of whatever works best for you, practically and financially.... Tbh I know we all like the idea of an amazingly passionate wedding night, but I reckon there won't be many for whom it actually turns out like that lol ;0) xx

• fairyfay
    Beginner September 2012
    fairyfay ·
    • Hide content

We went home after our evening do, we had our wedding reception in a village hall. We made this decision based on finances, comfort, cash and cats :-)

To be honest it was the best decision we ever made, we were shattered I don't think we woke up till gone noon the following day.

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Our venue has accommodatin with it - it's going to be like going on a school residential with bunk beds lol. Will find out exactly what on Friday. But that way we can all chill together the morning after and tidy the venue up before going home. Personally I'd have no problem with going straight home, though a night somewhere to round the day off might be nice. Or rather the lazy breakfast the morning after lol

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

We came home after our wedding - we couldn't stay at our venue because they had no lifts for oh to get up- and my lovely sis in law had been up to our house straight after the church service and we came home to find our bedroom like this

• mum-wants-a-hat
    Beginner June 2013
    mum-wants-a-hat ·
    • Hide content

Awwww Leni-LW.... That's so sweet of her! What a lovely gesture!! :0) xx

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content

Our venue didn't have accommodation either, and as it was a 5 minute drive from home, we decided to go back afterwards. It would have been nice to be in a hotel, but to be honest, it probably would have been wasted. We actually really enjoyed going back home. Mr RB had organised a fantastic spread for breakfast, which was lovely. I was famished too as I didn't manage to eat much on the day itself - nerves!

• Kentish Gal
    Beginner July 2013
    Kentish Gal ·
    • Hide content

We're hoping to have moved and lend out a few rooms to wedding guests so we'll stay in our favourite hotel in our home town. I wanted somewhere nice to get ready anyway so this worked out fab. Total pointless luxury at 375 for the 3 nights but we will love it!

• Mrs Monkey
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs Monkey ·
    • Hide content

We're going back home afterwards. I just didn't want the fuss and know I will be happier at home.

We're even going to wake up together on the wedding morning (though I'm sure he will lie in a lot longer then me) against all tradition!

• sophkitten
    Beginner May 2015
    sophkitten ·
    • Hide content

We are planning on staying in the accommodation at the venue as it is so nice and we can make the most of our time at our beautiful venue just that bit longer Smiley smile

• TamarValleyGirl
    Beginner May 2013
    TamarValleyGirl ·
    • Hide content

We've booked a posh B&B for the night before the wedding, the wedding night and the night after. There's only 4 rooms, so we've booked the whole place and I'm staying there with friends the night before.

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Staying in a hotel!!! The MIL will be staying at our so no chance I am going home! ha

• Nicky Hewitt Designs
    Beginner May 2012
    Nicky Hewitt Designs ·
    • Hide content

We came home too- our venue had no accommodation and was literally a 2 min taxi ride from our house. We considered staying at the Hilton next door to the venue but we'd only get a couple of hours awake in it so didn't seem worthwhile. It was lovely to get into our own bed after such a long day and not have to worry about check out times and getting dressed for breakfast. We still had quite a few people pop round to ours the next day as well so it worked out really well

Nicky x

• Bluebell25
    Beginner August 2013
    Bluebell25 ·
    • Hide content

I've been debating this one too. We also have to go to bed late after clearing up, and get up early to finish clearing up, so I'm not sure it's worth the extra spend. My only worry is that OH and the boys will be getting ready at ours to come to the church, so I'm not sure what state the house will be in when we get back! Not sure I can face coming back to a trashed house covered in clothes and food after my wedding day!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics