Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mrs_Rolfe_2b
Beginner September 2012

Going on honeymoon day after wedding

Mrs_Rolfe_2b, 5 of April of 2012 at 19:41 Posted on Planning 0 19

Is anyone going on their honeymoon the day after the wedding? We get married on a Saturday and we were originally going to travel on the Monday. But as we are going down to Newquay , h2b said, why don't we go the Sunday?! But I'm wondering how much stuff we'll have to sort out etc?

19 replies

Latest activity by Mellow_Yellow, 7 of April of 2012 at 10:31
  • Kriek
    Beginner December 2012
    Kriek ·
    • Hide content

We're going away the next day. As long as your bags are packed in advance then I don't really see it being a problem.

• D
    Beginner August 2008
    dimity ·
    • Hide content

Depends how much you sort out beforehand!

We got married on a Sat, stayed overnight in a hotel that night and had one of those deals that includes lunch the next day. We had a slap up breakfast, then sat in the garden reading our guest book in the morning. Had an amazing lunch (though it was a bit wasted because we were so stuffed!) and set off to Devon. We had a week's holiday there then flew to the Dom Rep for the 2nd week.

We'd left our suitcase in the boot of our car beforehand, and our best man added a box of personalised beer Smiley smile And we took a big chunk of wedding cake too! It did mean we relied on family to take my dress home afterwards and the table decorations etc but they were staying at the venue (unlike us) and were happy to do this. The venue did all the clearing up obviously, my family just had to collect our stuff.

• hayleyann
    Beginner May 2013
    hayleyann ·
    • Hide content

Were getting married on a friday and going to scotland for a mini moon saturday afternoon were havin are honeymoon in july Smiley smile

• *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

Some venues will store stuff for you until you collect it with prior arrangement just check with them first doesn't necessary need to be a big rush to collect everything and take away with you the the next day.

• essex_charlene
    Beginner September 2012
    essex_charlene ·
    • Hide content

We are going day after wedding.... have been feeling same as you! We are off to Bali xxx

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

I think if we were having our honeymoon in uk I'd have no problem going the day after. We are going abroad though so want to have time to sort things out in between. Also depends a bit on where your wedding is. Ours is an hour from home so we don't want to be rushing around getting home and then leaving straight away.

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning on staying the wedding night (Saturday), travelling to a nice hotel near the airport to spend the night on Sunday and then jetting off on the Monday! I'm hoping this would give me a day to just rest so that I can fully enjoy the honeymoon and not get there completely worn out :/ might not work out like that though haha

• cford09
    Beginner March 2013
    cford09 ·
    • Hide content

We originally wanted to go the day after (or the day after that) so we still had the weddingy feeling, but after playing around with some dates, realised it saved us over £300 to go 3 weeks after the wedding. We hadn't noticed that it would be the easter break while were away if we went straight away which bumped up the price - if cost is an issue (might not be but definitely was for us) then it's worth playing with dates to see if anything affects it!

• K
    Beginner September 2012
    katzan ·
    • Hide content

I have family coming from overseas who I don't get to see often, otherwise we would go straight away.

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married on Saturday, staying Saturday night and Sunday day/night at the hotel so we can make the most of the hotel facilities etc

We then have a flight at an airport 5 1/2 hours away from us at 2pm on the Monday.

The plan is to pack before the wedding, I have from Wednesday afternoon off beforehand! Leave the hotel at about 6A.M on the Monday, pop home swap hotel cases for honeymoon ones and transfer any bits as necessary and get on the road!

In terms of what there is to do after the wedding, MIL2B is going to take the suits back for us, Florist and Chair Cover people pick up their own things, I can take dress and cake back with me and drop it at our house and I can't think of anything else that would need doing....have I missed anything?

• Mrs_Rolfe_2b
    Beginner September 2012
    Mrs_Rolfe_2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all! Put my mind at rest. Will be good to go day after and keep on the wedding high! Will add to my to do list to organise people to take things from venue etc! And scHedule extra packing time the day before, and another list so I don't forget anything!

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I tihnk it's normal to go the day after the wedding - I wouldn't want to come home, get used to normality, then have to go off again. First time round we stayed over in the venue the night of the wedding, then had an evening flight the next day - we went to my parents' house after the venue since Dad gave us a lift to the airport, and we didn't want to go back to my house.

Traditionally, the bride and groom went away straight after the reception, i.e. church wedding, village hall etc reception, then leave in the evening.

• Xtalulu
    Beginner March 2013
    Xtalulu ·
    • Hide content

Planning on staying the night at the venue and then next day jetting off to the Maldives, I did look at going straight there but the flights are so long we would be knackered!

• Hawk
    Beginner September 2012
    Hawk ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married on a Friday and going on honeymoon on the Tuesday.

I'm glad we are having a few days at home to relax and pack before we head off.

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

I think when it comes to it you will appreciate it more then and it will all still be fresh in mind for you and your OH to sit and talk about. We are going the day after the wedding. We get married on a Thursday and fly on the friday. I wasn't initially planning on this as i thought it would have been nice to have a few days off after with family and friends to sit and talk about the wedding, hear peoples thoughts and giggles etc and to take stuff back sort things out and then go away but my OH booked it all as a suprise and he's told me we will be flying at 3pm the next day. I have spoke to family though ad they have said they will do any running around that they need to for me and the sooner we get there the sooner we can sit and relax and enjoy it. I plan to pack our guest book and take it away with us so when we go to the bar that evening we can sit with a glass of wine and read through it together and look at the photo's hopefully my sis will have managed to capture on my digital camera. All that said i am now really looking forward to it.

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    ruby_tuesday ·
    • Hide content

Definitely going the next day! Our flight is on Sunday evening so we will drop our stuff at home (we dont live too far from the venue) and then get picked up from there to go to the airport.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

I would love to go away the next day - go for it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics