Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner October 2017

Going poo at work or other public loos

JennieWS1980, 15 of September of 2015 at 15:24 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 16

Help me out here - this is about as off topic as it gets!

Until about a year ago I was a work poo virgin. Until one day after squirming in my seat and not being able to concentrate for a few hours I realised I had to stop being stupid and just go. Now I am ok with it - and assumed I am the same as every other normal woman at work.

I was having a conversation with my friend after work on Friday night and (don't ask me how) the subject of work pooing came up and she said she has never had one - in 15 years!! This can't be true - and this forum will prove it. Who here will happily poo at work, and has anyone never done the deed?

What about other public loos? My sister has a theory that everyone will have pooed at an airport, train station or motorway services before?? (TMI but Gatwick Airport last month is my stat).

Let the poo talk commence!

16 replies

Latest activity by MadamRed, 19 of September of 2015 at 14:17
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Work poos are the worst thing ever. Luckily I don't work now but it was avoided like the plague. I hate public loos but yes sometimes it has to be done. Friends houses are a.big no. We are we so funny about it? We all poo! So why does it always seem to be a big thing. I don't think men think the same I think it's mostly us women. I've been known to have stomach ache on flights as I won't poo on their loo. Lol.

• hollyhollytree
    Beginner September 2016
    hollyhollytree ·
    • Hide content

Ha what a random topic! I work in a hospital so everyone there knows about poo and deals with poo on a daily basis so I don't feel quite so self conscious about going at work! I work 13 hour shifts so it's pretty hard to hold it in until you get home!

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

I have no issue pooing in a toilet at work, in public or at a friend's house. I didn't even realise this is an issue.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

If my body decides it needs to go poo I'm going to be pooing or I will be in extreme pain and then it'll only make the poo worse when I finally go. It's human nature and it's bad for you to hold it in. I'll admit I don't really like going on a plane or train as the doors quite thin and I hate the idea of people hearing but guess what?, there probably waiting for the same! Put food in its going to have to come out!

• laurafish
    Beginner July 2016
    laurafish ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This, except I did know it was an issue, just not for me. Maybe we're the disgusting ones Smiley winking

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Some of us have pooing issues and some don't. Maybe it depends how our parents handled potty training lol.

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

I have no issue but my OH does! :-p

• bliss_balloons
    bliss_balloons ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This, it seems odd to me that people wouldn't. Surely holding it in isn't good for you?!

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content

I'm lucky enough to mainly work from home, so the work poo isn't an issue, but public, never. I don't feel comfortable if it's not a loo I'm used to, which is odd. Only time I did have to use a service station once because night before a 4 hour drive OH had cooked out of date meat which he hadn't realised was a week old, fortunately they sold immodium at the services. So now if we travel anywhere I always cook, and it's usually very plain.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

As I've got older I'm not as bad as I used to be. Mainly as I have no choice. When I have to go I have to go.

I did used to work with someone about 5 years ago and she worked full time and wouldn't go to the toilet at work AT ALL not even for a wee.

I remember where I worked once we had a visit by Princess Diana. We were told we had to have a designated toilet for her. We had to have it decorated and cleaned and no one else could use it. We were also told she wouldn't go but it was just in case. She didn't go. Which got me to wondering what the Royals do when on their tours of places to never go to the toilet lol.

Maybe their fancy car has a commode back seat.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha - commode back seat?! That would be epic!

I don't have an issue with toilet things, as long as there's no one else around. I get stage fright ?

• KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

Until recently I wouldn't go at work. That was mainly because the loos didn't flush properly and would also take so long to refill before a second flush was possible it was a LONG time away from my desk that I felt everyone knew where I'd been and what I'd been doing! Now that my company has moved to a building with loos that flush properly I will go there.

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

I dont use public toilets, at work or anywhere else unless i have to. ive never been for a poo at work. i just couldnt do it unless it was life or death...haha ive no idea why im like that though

• Sambarine
    Beginner May 2015
    Sambarine ·
    • Hide content

I don't poo at work, in public, or in other people's houses (for some reason I'm OK in hotels, tho)... but I can't even go no. 2 in my own house if there are friends/family in the house! TMI but on my wedding day I had horrific cramps after the wedding breakfast, because I hadn't had a poo in 3 days (my bridesmaid stayed the night the 2 nights before the wedding). Luckily they passed, cos there was no way I could've gone no. 2 in my huge dress, even if I'd wanted to! It also took me about a week when H and I moved in together before I could poo in his house. I realise I'm extremely weird, but I just can't help it - even if I need to go, and go to the bathroom with the intention of going, if there's anyone else around, it ain't happening.

• J
    Beginner October 2017
    JennieWS1980 ·
    • Hide content

Hotels are different I think because it is your own loo. At least that's how I have found it.

So true about moving in with OH for first time. I remember hearing straight to the toilet for a poo as soon as he left every time in the early days!

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I used to feel really embarrassed about going for number twos at work or in other people's houses, but my endo symptoms can be very similar to Crohns disease, so I've had to get used to the fact that if I have to go, I have to go. The only thing is sometimes I can be in for a long time, so I try not to go if I know that they're due to be closed for cleaning soon.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics