Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Snowball
Beginner November 2021 Northamptonshire

Going to a spa for the day on your own..

Snowball, 20 of March of 2009 at 20:56 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 12

... is this weird?

I was recently made redundant and on my last day, my boss gave me a voucher to spend the day at a very lovely looking health spa with treatments and lunch included. Now, I've never been to a spa before and I can't really afford to treat anyone to take with me so would it be strange for me to go on my own? would I look like a billy no mates having lunch on my own and sitting on my own or is this fairly normal?

Thanks in advance

12 replies

Latest activity by Dr Pecker, 4 of June of 2021 at 13:28
  • Chicken
    Beginner October 2003
    Chicken ·
    • Hide content

No, it's fab. Enjoy.

• Mal
    Expert January 2018
    Mal ·
    • Hide content

I did it for my birthday and it was brilliant! Mr Mal asked if I wanted to take a friend but I wanted to go alone. Can't wait to do it again.

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

I've also spent a day on my own. H sent me for my birthday a couple of years ago. It was a wonderful day, so relaxing. It was nice not having to worry about other people.

• Melilot
    Beginner
    Melilot ·
    • Hide content

It sounds heavenly. Enjoy!

• Dooby
    Beginner
    Dooby ·
    • Hide content

What a lovely gesture by your boss, do go and really enjoy it!

• Snowball
    Beginner November 2021 Northamptonshire
    Snowball ·
    • Hide content

Wow, thank you all for replying, it isn't weird then and in that case, I am rather looking forward to a whole day of me me me!

I am loving the sound of the 'sleepy catchfly' relaxation suite....

?

• Rache
    Beginner January 2004
    Rache ·
    • Hide content

Though if you want some company - I could do with a spa day but all my friends are broke.... (not entirely joking?)

• M
    Beginner
    MistyM ·
    • Hide content

When I've gone for spa days, there have been plenty of ladies on their own - I would do it in a shot!

• IWantOne
    IWantOne ·
    • Hide content

Not at all strange or weird. There have always been plenty people on their own when I've been to a spa. In fact, I have a spa day voucher to use sometime this year and I intend on going on my own.

Have a wonderful time.

x

• Nichola80
    Nichola80 ·
    • Hide content

Not at all weird. I've been several times on my own and its fabulous. Most of the time you're having your treatments so alone with the therapist anyway.

Have a great time!

• mixie
    mixie ·
    • Hide content

I've not done a full day, only a half day on my own and it was fab! But then, as a stay-at-home mum of a toddler, who doesn't understand the concept of giving me half and hour of peace, I crave time to myself. Sounds like bliss!

• Smint
    Beginner June 2007
    Smint ·
    • Hide content

I prefer to go on my own! Yesterday I had a day at The Sanctuary in Covent Garden and it was fabulous - I could snooze when I wanted, read when I wanted, didn't have to talk to anyone else - it was all me, me, me!

Enjoy!

• D
    California
    Dr Pecker ·
    • Hide content

It’s totally okay if you go alone, because the most important thing is to be in harmony with yourself. I would definitely go alone and not even doubt. I hope you had a good time!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics