Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsG_to_be
Beginner July 2015

Going to be a pregnant bride!

MrsG_to_be, 5 of January of 2015 at 14:31 Posted on Planning 0 5

It turns out I'm going to be exactly 8 months pregnant at my July wedding! I'm over the moon to be pregnant (despite severe morning sickness) but now I've got to sell my beloved dress and get a maternity one, I'm freaking about how we can afford it all as the wedding budget already got out of hand and I've completely lost interest in the wedding apart from moaning about the cost of everything!

Has anyone got experience of this? Am I going to feel fat and uncomfortable at the wedding? I'm worried I won't enjoy it and will look ridiculous.

Extra stress is that my sister (BM) is also pregnant and due two weeks after the wedding so worried she can't come if she has the baby early. The venue is three hours from home in middle of nowhere so will be drama if she actually goes into labour whilst there! We can't afford to cancel or postpone due to contracts and paying out so much already.

Advice please?!

5 replies

Latest activity by MrsB88, 5 of January of 2015 at 18:10
  • xchristy_bbyx
    Beginner April 2016
    xchristy_bbyx ·
    • Hide content

Aw no wonder you have kind of lost interest in wedding planning, babies are very exciting but i'm sure you will still look lovely with a lovely bump, is your dress fitting for a bump? my friend got married at 7 months pregnant and to be honest you barely noticed she was! Only when photos taken from the side you noticed .. with your sister that would be a bit of a worry, would be a judgement call to see how she feels the day before? and just try keep both of you stress free ?

Congratulations on both news!

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

Congraulations! My experience isn't quite the same as I was 6 weeks pregnant on our wedding day. I think 8 months would be preferable tbh as long as you don't feel too big and uncomfortable, as I just felt so sick all day and couldn't eat anything!

• R
    Beginner December 2014
    rambosmum ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I'm sure it will all go swimmingly. Is your dress unalterable to accommodate the bump? It might worth speaking to the seamstress to see if she could suggest anything?

• MrsB88
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsB88 ·
    • Hide content

Awww congratulations! I wouldn't worry about your sister going into labour on the day. If it's her first baby, she will have hoursss (sometimes days) from when contractions begin. I'm a midwife so trust me lol.

I'm sure you will look beautiful & feel amazing on your wedding day! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics