Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

moonpie1985
Beginner July 2012

Going to hatton garden to get our rings. Recommendations?

moonpie1985, 28 of November of 2011 at 19:57 Posted on Planning 0 21

Going on Friday. Hoping to have a nice trip out and get some good value rings.

Has anyone been recently and if so do you have any recommendations?

21 replies

Latest activity by moonpie1985, 4 of December of 2011 at 16:37
  • Gem_k
    Beginner July 2012
    Gem_k ·
    • Hide content

Hi moon pie Smiley smile

My Fiancé got my ER from a jeweller in Hatton Garden caled Luder.It's not too fadown. The guy thee iloel and we went back a few weeks ago to look at WR's I will get mne him andmy OH will ge hs from Tifan as the shops down Hatton Garden didn't have the design he wanted.

Hope that helps Smiley smile x

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

I went to Holts, they were lovely and so helpful. Not pushy and wanted what was right for me even when that meant recommending a smaller diamond!

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

Ohhh and there is a lovely pub on the road (greville street??) that goes from the tube to the main Hatton gardens rd that does champagne and good food Smiley smile

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Https://www.karlkarter.com/pages.php?page=contact_us

We got our rings from here, both engagement and wedding bands.

Not a shop but a studio, great value for money.

• Helenia
    Beginner September 2011
    Helenia ·
    • Hide content

We made ours at the Wedding Ring Workshop, but they do also sell their own rings.

There are quite a lot of studios and workshops above/behind the big glam shopfronts, where you can often get a better deal, so it's worth looking into those before you come down.

• Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

We got ours from Jade Jewellers. Would def recommend them. My cousin used them and recommend them to us. They did us a Fab deal

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Ours came from Trotters on Bethnal Green rd, Bethnal Green E2. They said they supplied many of the shops in Hatton garden, but can offer better rates as the leases in Bethnal green are cheaper than Hatton garden. (I dont know how true this is, but I think we got fantastic rings for the price)

OH picked the diamond & helped design the ring & I was very pleased with the final product.

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

Do you haggle with these shops?

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

I did, I only got £100 off though!

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Sorry if this is a stupid question but are you able to buy your rings and walk away with them on the same day or do you have to wait for them to be ordered/made? We'd love to go to Hatton Garden to get ours but it would mean a weekend away and getting back to pick them up would be an absolute nightmare.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

We didn't need to.

After being quoted £1,000 more by an independant jewellery shop in our local town we knew he was already a good price.

• L
    Beginner March 2013
    loveboy ·
    • Hide content

Very nice! I agree with you. looking forward to more info.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We had ours posted via special delivery, which is insured up to £2,500 I think.

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We also when to Karl Karter, and were initially impressed. I had my ring appraised at a local independent jewellers when it arrived, and there were some discrepancies between what I had agreed upon material wise with Karl (and paid for), and what it was appraised as. When I questioned this I received a down right rude response from him and the matter was never properly resolved.

• M
    Beginner October 2011
    Mrs Poon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Moonpie,

We went to Hatton Gardens and got our WR from Dynasty Jewels (as you walk in its on the right hand side). We did not haggle as such but asked what they could do for cash payment. They knocked 10% off and re-sprayed / cleaned my ER for free.

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    adiesummer2012 ·
    • Hide content

My H2B got my engagement ring from Alchemy and it's beautiful, we're going back there for our wedding rings as they're giving us a discount and he was very pleased with the service when he bought the ER.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This! We also got our rings from Jade and can thoroughly recommend them. They also cleaned my engagement ring. We haggled the prices too.

• Miss_J
    Beginner September 2012
    Miss_J ·
    • Hide content

We went to Eric Ross and thought they were fantastic. We get free cleans, free adjustments and you can go and see your ring being made, if you so wish! They also advised a smaller diamond than the size we thought we wanted and I completely agree, I LOVE my ring!

• Purple Pixie
    Beginner July 2012
    Purple Pixie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

For some reason I never thought of posting as an option. I wonder if most places would do that?

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would have thought so. If not I'd offer to pay the little bit extra for SD postage. I'm sure they would if you asked.

• B
    Beginner October 2012
    butterflystar ·
    • Hide content

How did you get on? My OH got mine from Alan Bick in Hatton Garden, and it is lovely. He said there was a huge choice and the chap was really good with him. We will go back there for our wedding rings. Happy shopping!

• moonpie1985
    Beginner July 2012
    moonpie1985 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for all the responses. Hatton garden was great. So many shops to chose from. Went to Jade, holts and one other who I can't remember the name of.

Jade was excellent and the best of the three we tried. The prices were reasonable and gave us good discount and said there was possibility of further discount once we decide. I am having a shaped to fit ring inset with about 16 small rubies in a half eternity style, so it's not something you can get from your average jeweller.

Just getting one last Quote from our local jeweller who does ll his own work and will make the decision on that.

Ideally I don't want to be sending my engagement ring away as I don't want to be without it for long and have heard stories of jewellers swapping diamonds for cheaper ones without you knowing.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics