Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2011

Gold Fish Bowl Decorations

kate3009, 23 August, 2011 at 16:27 Posted on Planning 0 11

I visited our venue last night and after seeing it again we would like some gold fish bowl type of table decorations for the main meal. We are have one long table so would only need 2 or 3. Does anyone know where I could buy these from as ready made. There is just over 5 weeks until our wedding so buying something ready made would be perfect!

11 replies

Latest activity by knitting_vixen, 24 August, 2011 at 19:26
  • overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Your florist will make them for you or you could have a look on the For Sale section of Hitched as there were some on there recently.

• J
    Beginner
    julybride2011 ·
    • Hide content

Asda had loads of goldfish bowls in and dirt cheap too. ur florist should be able to help fill them or if not why not try artifcial flowers.

I had gold fish bowls and everyone commented on how nice they where (and to think i was going to change them at last minute!)

here is a pic of mine sort of. they did have a single butterfly round the rim of the bowl but my oh auntie knicked them ?

• leni-lw!
    Beginner November 2011
    leni-lw! ·
    • Hide content

I was in next today and they had goldfish bowl with a huge artifical rose in it - really nice but @ £32 v.steep!!

• M
    Beginner July 2013
    Mrs P to Bee ·
    • Hide content

Hi have you tried ebay - there are loads of ready made ones on there?

• J
    Beginner
    julybride2011 ·
    • Hide content

pale and hot pink Hydrangeas. the same as my bms flowers x

• Frugal Splurger
    Beginner September 2011
    Frugal Splurger ·
    • Hide content

Hobbycraft is quite good for things like that, or even pound shops? I saw on Don't Tell the Bride last week that the groom got goldfish bowls to have in the center of each table with actual goldfish in them! He even managed to find fish that were a deep red colour to match the colour scheme of the wedding. i love this idea but my OH isn't letting me!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

What area are you in? We hire Goldfish bowls with decoration already done in your theme. There are lots of companies around the country that will also hire to you.

• K
    Beginner September 2011
    kate3009 ·
    • Hide content

I am in Worcestershire although my reception venuw is in Solihull. Something that is ready made wuold be perfect rather than gonig to our florist. Will try having a look in some of the high steet shops as well.

• babyw
    Beginner
    babyw ·
    • Hide content

Checkout www.seasonaldecorations.co.uk they do these ( also ready made) and reasonable prices too.

• knitting_vixen
    Beginner September 2011
    knitting_vixen ·
    • Hide content

The goldfish bowl centrepeices at my SIL's wedding in May. Hydrangias in a bowl. That's it. Us BMs put are bouquets around it if you are wondering why they are there!

Pretty effective I am sure you will agree. Perhaps you can order the hydrandias from a florist? The goldfish bowls are on ebay and very easy to buy!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics