Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ali_G
Beginner October 2012

Goldfish bowls as centrepieces

Ali_G, 31 August, 2011 at 14:51 Posted on Planning 0 11

Did anyone have these at their wedding?

How much did you pay for them?

I'm in two minds. I've seen a few displays and like the idea of these, but I think they are going to be quite costly compared to, say, single stem vases from Ikea...

11 replies

Latest activity by Mellow_Yellow, 1 September, 2011 at 16:39
  • Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

I was going to have them but worked out expensive as i have 18 guest tables and 6 tables together for top table so i am buying rectangular vases from ikea for £1.83 each cheap and do the job also have seen at the range and on their website they have tall single stem and martini glasses for £8.99 each so a bargain considering some prices i have seen poss other options if you find fish bowls too expensive good luck x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

A lot of companies hire them for around £10-£20 per Bowl with decoration of your choice. We hire in the Bristol Area ( unless we are providing Venue Decor then we will hire the Bowls and contents)

You can also buy them here:

https://www.britanniadirect.org.uk/acatalog/Bubble.html

They can be sold on after to recoup the costs.

Here are a few ideas we have done in the past:

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

I just brought 10 from eliteflorist last night - email today saying fedex will deliver tomorrow so can tell you what they are like.

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Brilliant Tinnut, thank you! x

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

They arrived safe and sound today, very well packaged and no marks or scratches that Ive found yet.

Fab really pleased Smiley smile sorry about picture sizes not quite worked out how to change them yet

• SarB
    Beginner August 2011
    SarB ·
    • Hide content

I had these at my wedding:

The fish bowls were a mixture from the range (£7), dunelm mill (£5) and asda (£8) because niether store had 6 in stock!!!

The mirror plates the florist supplied as the ones I supplied werent big enough and she thought it looked better with the candles on the mirrored plate!!

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

LOL I should have said ! I went for 20cm bowl and 25cm mirror plate the price jumps massively above 20cm. I love the look of the bigger plates but I'm not having candles just a few black and white scatter diamonds so cant really justify the additional cost.

I'm still setting up the website - its taking me ages! I'm not very technical hence broken signature LOL

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Our florist hires them out and is supplying them for free as she is doing all of our flowers.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics