Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pea in a pod
Beginner

good and bad points interview question

pea in a pod, 25 August, 2010 at 14:55 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 5

I always really struggle when asked what are my good and bad points i know a few of us on here are looking for jobs etc so thought a few questions like this may help some out

i always say for good i am organised (at work anyway lol) or self motivated or whatever they want to hear for that job

and bad i struggle, not becasue i dont have any bad points just i have so many but i guess they arent looking for things like

i have no self confidence

i am pretty lazy

i get annoyed with stupid people

i am terrible at grammer and spelling

i could go on, but i assume these arent a good answer lol

so how do you answer it?

5 replies

Latest activity by cotteesgirl, 25 August, 2010 at 16:23
  • twf
    Beginner August 2009
    twf ·
    • Hide content

It's all about answering the right way with interviews, so your bad points have to be shown as strengths too, so you could say "I am quite particular and take pride in my work which can mean that some tasks may take longer than others"

One of my answers I think for when I came my current job is that I can be perceived as shy when I start a new role but the reality is that I like to assess new situations so that I can be confident within my role.

Basically I just talk a load of nonsense and hope it comes out good!

• Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ooh this is a good one!

I always say my weakness is that im a perfectionist, I give every task my undivided attention so I can be satisfied its perfect. anyone who knows me, knows that this is a load of crap

• twf
    Beginner August 2009
    twf ·
    • Hide content

Mine is of course BS, I am shy as anything but once I get to know people I have got a big mouth lol

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content

It has to be something that an either be turned around to a positive or something that is really easily remedied. I usually pick an aspect of the job that I have not done before but would not require too much help/training to learn or is something that is specific to that job/company so they wouldnt necessarily expect you to have and say ' I feel for this particular role my weakness would be X but I feel I could overcome it by doing Y' as long as you give them some sort of solution it stops being as much of a negative.

• cotteesgirl
    Beginner September 2009
    cotteesgirl ·
    • Hide content

I usually give something like, I work with lots of papers on my desk and then explain this is not a bad thing and 'joke' that I have never lost anything i just work better that way (it alwways gets a laugh) also dependant on the interview i may also add that i could file a bit quicker than i.e its typically the next day rather than immediate.

The above has always worked for me Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics