Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ohwhatatuesday
Beginner May 2014

Good foundation recommendations

Ohwhatatuesday, 12 of September of 2013 at 21:16 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 16

I'm almost out of foundation and I need a new one, I didn't rate my last one very much so I'm on the hunt to try something else - we've got our engagement photos with our photographer at the weekend so could do with a decent foundation in time for that. I'm looking for something that covers well (I've got really uneven skin tone and dark patches on my face) and something that lasts a long time. Can you tell me what you use/any recommendations you have please? Thanks in advance!

16 replies

Latest activity by cath4512, 14 of September of 2013 at 11:55
  • Twiga
    Beginner April 2012
    Twiga ·
    • Hide content

Obviously depends on skin type but I rate No7 or Bobbi Brown ?

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

I recommend MAC foubdations, they do a variety depending on what finish your after.

Studiofix is good for a thick coverage, I am using the mineralise finish at the moment which gives a really dewey finish. Both last ages aswell.

I would always recommend using a primer aswell as it gives a good base and helps foundation last longer. I use loreal CC cream as a primer as it really evens out my skintone, its good to use on its own aswell Smiley smile

• rachd03
    Beginner May 2014
    rachd03 ·
    • Hide content

I recommend MAC foubdations, they do a variety depending on what finish your after.

Studiofix is good for a thick coverage, I am using the mineralise finish at the moment which gives a really dewey finish. Both last ages aswell.

I would always recommend using a primer aswell as it gives a good base and helps foundation last longer. I use loreal CC cream as a primer as it really evens out my skintone, its good to use on its own aswell Smiley smile

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

I've recently started using Max Factor's Pan Stik and it's super. Good, even coverage. Doesn't aggravate my unbelievably sensitive skin. It's also really quite cheap for MF stuff.

• TheRealTricks
    Beginner January 2012
    TheRealTricks ·
    • Hide content

I've been using Garnier BB cream instead of foundation and it's amazing. Great coverage, evens my skin tone and gives a great glowy complexion.

• Cat In A Teacup
    Beginner August 2015
    Cat In A Teacup ·
    • Hide content

I switched to bareminerals at the beginning of the year and I love it. Highly recommended!

• Icklefee
    Super May 2014
    Icklefee ·
    • Hide content

During the summer months when I had a bit of colour I was using a cheap rimmel bb cream and loved it, as soon as the sun disappeared I needed to revert back to a proper foundation. I use lancome teint idole ultra. I don't bother with a primer under it and the coverage is the same at the end of the day as it is at the start. I only use a really cheap boots natural collection loose powder over it.

• OB
    Beginner January 2011
    OB ·
    • Hide content

I was using Estée Lauder double wear but even the lightest one was too dark for me, now I've switched to Clinique anti blemish solutions and I'm happy with that one.

• HatTrick
    Beginner September 2010
    HatTrick ·
    • Hide content

Without a doubt Mac mineral foundation is the best for me. I've tried so many different foundations since being a Maternity Leave in an attempt to save money but if I totted it up all up I've probably spent much more than I would have done if I had stuck with Mac. Nothing else works for me.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! Gives me a bit of an idea of brands to look at and give a try. My knowledge of make-up is shocking, I've hardly worn it up until now so don't really know what I'm doing with it or what's good. Of the ones I've have had so far, I find they either seem to go on clumpy or they don't look like I've got any foundation on after about an hour! Might try a primer too.

• P
    Beginner September 2018
    pooksgirl ·
    • Hide content

Just WOW, I'm bookmarking this for when I get round to buying a new foundation. Great info and insight

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I swear by Estee Lauders Double Wear, it gives you full coverage, lasts all day, and it also has an SPF of 10 in it, it's not heavy either and a little bit does go a long way. Think it's about £26.00. I;ve heard people say it's not good in photographs which IMO is utter boll0cks, I wore it on my wedding day and photos looked fine, in fact I've been wearing it for the last 6 years and never thought it looked odd in any photo.

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

I would recommend Clinique on the basis it's the best foundation I've ever bought, it gives great coverage without clogging up or drying skin out, the colour match is good and it gives the skin a fresh look.

I am not using foundation at the moment as the cheaper ones (L'Oreal, Bourjois, Rimmel, even No7 BB cream) I have tried haven't been great lately and I can't afford clinique at the moment. I have been using a luminising day cream and 17 photo flawless primer and it's worked really well, I am even considering not to use foundation ever again now.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

Maxfactor face finity is brilliant. I have been through loads in the last year or so. I have a bad t zone. I don't even need powder with this bad boy and get no shine at all.

• Ohwhatatuesday
    Beginner May 2014
    Ohwhatatuesday ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all. After spending most of my lunch between boots & the Debenhams makeup counter ive opted for Clinique - seems quite good but will be nice to see if it lasts! I've also bought my first ever primer.

• C
    Beginner November 2013
    cath4512 ·
    • Hide content

For nightime I use estee lauder double wear light & for day I use mac studio fix fluid. Both cover really well Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics