Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire

Good News about my dress!

RomanticGreenStationery27135, 7 of May of 2020 at 21:15 Posted on Planning 0 1

Our wedding date was originally set for 18th June, and we are still hoping we might be able to marry on that day with just two witnesses - otherwise, it will be as soon after as possible.

The only problem was that I didn't have a dress - I'd put a deposit on a sale one in a boutique, but the week before lockdown, they contacted me to say I'd have to postpone my wedding since, due to Covid-19, they would be unable to alter it in time! And they couldn't say at what point they might be able to alter it.

I didn't know what to do as I need something to get married in, but didn't want to be delaying our wedding just for the sake of my dress. Last week, I found a dress online from a German company - I ordered it on Saturday and it arrived yesterday. I absolutely love it (even more than my original dress), plus it's £100 cheaper and doesn't need shortening, so even if I don't get my £100 back from the boutique, I'll still be better off. And now we're ready to go just as soon as weddings are allowed again!

There's not much positive about this whole Covid-19 situation, so I thought I'd share a bit of good news - I hope all you other 2020 brides find some silver linings to the clouds too!

1 replies

Latest activity by SunnyIvoryDecor16928, 26 of May of 2020 at 03:54
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Every single bit of good news always needs sharing, but now more than ever!

Congratulations on finding your dream dress, I bet you feel a million dollars in it!

Sending love from Liverpool

Ali xx

• SunnyIvoryDecor16928
    Beginner June 2021
    SunnyIvoryDecor16928 ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I am now buying wedding jewelry and accessories online, and I hope to be as lucky as you to buy cheap and beautiful!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics