Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Purple Pixie
Beginner July 2012

Goody bags for bridesmaids

Purple Pixie, 1 of May of 2012 at 12:44 Posted on Planning 0 10

I would like to make up some goody bags to give to my three adult bridesmaids on the morning of the wedding. I'm thinking of getting a nice bag (I'm sure I've seen some personalised ones on here but didn't save the link - doh!) and putting their hair accessories and jewellery in as well as some little choccies and a note from me. I'd like to put a couple of other bits in but I can't think what.

I'd like to avoid alcohol as I know one of the girls is planning on making sure that we've all got a drink in our hands at all times!!!

Any suggestions?

Thanks, PP x

10 replies

Latest activity by xMissyLoux, 1 of May of 2012 at 19:16
  • fizzpop
    Beginner September 2012
    fizzpop ·
    • Hide content

Hi PP

I'm doing something similar but also adding cheap but useful bits like a pack of tissues, blister plasters (!), lipbalm, and any other 'travel sized' smellies I think might be useful on the day. Oh and some paracetamol!

• Jayned
    Beginner May 2001
    Jayned ·
    • Hide content

Hi

what about

tissues

plaster

lip balm/gloss

small mirror

Scholl party feet gel insoles

• Jayned
    Beginner May 2001
    Jayned ·
    • Hide content

good idea!

• Kayels
    Beginner May 2013
    Kayels ·
    • Hide content

The goody bags are a great idea, i am thinking of getting my girls a bracelet with a little locket on and putting a picutre of me and them in it as a keep sake for them and putting it in a gift bag, along with must have for the day, tissues, lip gloss, mini perfume etc.. xx xx

• Kyz23
    Beginner September 2012
    Kyz23 ·
    • Hide content

I bought some white paper bags from hobby craft and made a little bridesmaid design on the front with there names on.

So far in them is their jewellery, a vest top with bridesmaid/maid of honour that i made myself, a little tube of hand cream, a mini body spray (can get these in asdas)

Some tissues, plasters, a personalised wine glass with bridesmaid and their names on filled with bath bombs. Im going to get a few extra bits to put in but not sure what else yet.

• BridalButterfly2012
    Beginner June 2012
    BridalButterfly2012 ·
    • Hide content

I am really unsure of when i want to give my bridesmaids gifts as i did have in mind to say my thank you's at around 10.30 and was going to give both the mum's a bouquet of flowers and little gifts and then so decided to give everyone else theirs then too. But i like the idea you all giving them to them in the morning. Are you all giving the parents and bestman, ushers etc theirs in the morning too? I have got little personalised tote bags and jewellery and other little things in them with ballet shoes too for the evening. When works out best to give all the gifts?

Really confuzzled on how this works out.

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

I've done something similar although can't afford personalised bags unfortunately. I'll be putting in a necklace, personalised compact mirror (name and date inscribed), chocolate (thorntons do small bars and will ice a name on it) , mini bottle of bubbles and a 'bridesmaid' dressing gown.

• GothBella
    Beginner December 2013
    GothBella ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing goody bags for my MoH and bridesmaid at my hen do as my BM is going to be 9 at the time of the wedding and i want it to be a great time for her. I'm lucky that they are mother and daughter as i will give them a framed photo of the two of them taken on the day as i know that my MoH hardly has any photos of the two of them.

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing a goodie bags too! Mine contain:

A 'Designs by Lolita' wine glass

A personalised photo frame with an I.O.U a wedding photo

A mini bottle of bubbly

A bar of chocolate

A small bottle of perfume

A bracelet

and my CBM will have a little extra personalised message in a bottle as a heartfelt way of saying thank you for all she's done.

Going to put it all into a pretty colourful jute bag.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics