Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Savvy

Gosfield Hall (Essex)

*ACS*, 25 of September of 2012 at 13:53 Posted on Planning 0 16

Just wondering if anyone is getting/has got married here?

I love it on the website, but its quite expensive and varies from £8,000 for next year to £15,000 in 2014 ? (which is more than our whole budget!!)

Anyway, just wanted some recommendations etc. first before I show OH...

x

(promise this will be my last "venue" related post... boring myself now!!)

16 replies

Latest activity by beckycop, 11 of November of 2012 at 16:04
  • S
    Beginner November 2012
    Suffolk Bride ·
    • Hide content

We found Gosfield Hall to be very expensive when we went to visit, they also wouldn't really budge on price and only gave us 24 hours to make a decision before offering the date to someone else (or so they said..)

Have you had a look at Hengrave Hall in Suffolk - it may be a little far for you but really is a lovely venue and the staff can't do enough to help - may be worth checking out..

Savvy
    *ACS* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh WOW... I am looking at Hengrave Hall and it is beautiful... Oooo I definitely want to add this to my new list!

Yeah, I think Gosfield Hall is just a bit too much for us... Thanks for your reply xx

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Don't worry - finding a venue was by fair my biggest headache.

That looks like a lovely venue and if you can have Spring 2013 it looks like a reasonable deal too.

Savvy
    *ACS* ·
    • Hide content

I dont think we could make Spring next year, saving up is not easy!! I think we are looking at Spring 2014 really, so that's why it was such a shock that its nearly double for 2014. I might keep an eye on it, whilst we are saving, and see what happens to the prices. It might be that 6 months before they drop the price a bit.

x

• S
    Beginner November 2012
    Suffolk Bride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem, I'm a bit biais as Hengrave Hall is where we're getting married but its such a nice venue that I thought it was worth a mention and the team there really can't do enough for you

Good luck with your search xxx

Savvy
    *ACS* ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Suffolk Bride... can I ask if you have any prices? I cant find any on their website, and that always worries me as I start thinking it will be far too much ☹️

x

• S
    Beginner November 2012
    Suffolk Bride ·
    • Hide content

I don't im afraid - we booked ours at the beginning of the year and prices would have changed by now I'd have thought.

Give them a call and ask for the price list though, I remember thinking it would be over budget when I first saw the website but thankfully it wasn't ?

• kimyang1
    Beginner May 2014
    kimyang1 ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding at Gosfield Hall last year, and it was lovely. My friend told me that she managed to get them down and haggled on pricing as they were really flexible with their date and effectively got married at the last minute!

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

Gosfield Hall was really high on my list, but the price put me off. They through out all these special offers for 50 guests and then additional people can be around £150 per head ?

If the price isn't an issue, my dad is a retired wedding tog and said it was his favourite venue to photograph.

Savvy
    *ACS* ·
    • Hide content

See I think if we could hold out on wedding date then it would be fine re: getting a cheaper deal.

Have just looked at the other venue's prices, and they are nearly as much, which makes me think that Essex would be better as slightly closer.

Hmmm... lots to think about, and at least I know there ARE places out there that have what we want, just also that we have v. expensive taste lol

x

• *Eclair*
    Beginner August 2012
    *Eclair* ·
    • Hide content

I can't believe they say you can get married for "just" £15000! That's an obscene amount for what's included. I've not seen anywhere even remotely that expensive.

• Gurzle
    Beginner April 2013
    Gurzle ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding at Gosfield August 2011 and it was really disappointing - the venue was a bit shabby, the staff were sparse and completely inattentive (mainly teenagers who couldn't look you in the eye and spent a lot of time giggling in corners...gosh I sound like my mother!). The food was boring and nothing out of the ordinary, and the whole venue was just not suited a wedding and its 'events' - the dance floor for instance is small and atmosphere-less. You're not missing anything. The gardens open out onto fields which is beautiful, of course, but that's about it.

• F
    Beginner March 2013
    Figaro82 ·
    • Hide content

My best friend got married there a few years back and booked as a last minute deal (3 months) and got a brilliant deal!

I was going to get married there as I used to live in Gosfield, but needed a venue that could cater for 100 days guests and not charge a silly price for extra guests (GH does charge so much for extras).

We are now getting married in a place called Hanbury Manor in Ware, Hertfordshire and got a great deal for a venue that I love more then GH x

Savvy
    *ACS* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, really good to hear feedback. I certainly, in no way shape or form, could I justify spending £15K on just the venue. We just havent got the budget.

And also, I really begrudge paying that when they are charging £8k for March next year (which is still 5-6 months away, which I think is a fair amount of time.

I text OH this morning about it, starting with "Fancy getting married March 2013"? His response "Why?"... I told him, and he hasnt said anything back. probably still picking himself off the floor after the "Would be £15k in 2014!" comment

Hahahaha

• P
    Peartree Pictures ·
    • Hide content

I am a photographer and photographed a fantastic wedding ad Hengrave Hall earlier this year. I have photographed all around the country and as far as setting and service goes I would say this is deffinitely one of the best venues around. They also have the beautiful chapel right next to the Hall itself which is great.

If you want to see any pictures from the wedding in question to get a better idea of the venue just email me. ****@****************.**.**

ian

Savvy
    *ACS* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, but I got the prices through, and unfortunately it does come in above our budget, which is a shame. I think it is because (on their workings) its over £100 p/h, plus venue hire at between £5,000 and £9,000.

Just way more than we can afford. I wont upset myself by asking for piccies!!

x

• B
    Beginner March 2013
    beckycop ·
    • Hide content

Hello! I just spotted this Gosfield forum. We're getting married there next March, I may have some useful tips for you, we got a great deal booking a year in advance. My email is ********@*****.***, let me know if you'd like me to email you some info x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics