Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rod
Beginner

Got some amazing news today!

Rod, 25 June, 2011 at 20:17 Posted on Planning 0 14

OH's uncle, aunt and little cousin live in Oz. They've been there for about 6 years and i have never met them - spoken to them on Facebook and phone and theyre lovely - feel like family already - but still, not actually met them.

Theyre planning a trip over here in 2013 - we invited them to the wedding (oct this year) but we pretty much knew they couldnt come. they called when we told them about the wedding and were saying that because theyre saving up for their big visit in 2013 they wont be able to come etc - but we knew that anyway.

We got a phone call this morning. From australia. They've come into some money. And theyre coming to our wedding!!!!!!!!!!!

?

14 replies

Latest activity by Rod, 26 June, 2011 at 21:58
  • Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

Thats lovely news!

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

Aw thats lovely!! Will be an extra special family occasion!!

• *Nursey*
    Beginner May 2012
    *Nursey* ·
    • Hide content

That's lovely news!

• N
    Beginner October 2011
    narie ·
    • Hide content

That's fanastic news, it will be a great family occasion. That's one thing I am really looking forward to on the day, a big family get together, catching up and having a good time, although we all live near to each other with busy lives it is hard to catch up as much as we should do.

I notice that your username is oct2011 - how are your plans coming along? My date is 22nd oct 2011 and I feel like my list is never ending. 4 weeks to go until the hols so I am hoping I can catch up with wedding bits then...

Best wishes Smiley smile

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic news, yay ?

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

Do you know something? I've been reading all the family issue threads over the last week or 2 and getting thoroughly depressed, so this has really cheered me up!

Great news - it's special when people make the effort to travel. Although our guests are only coming to Kent from such far flung places as Devon and Oxfordshire...

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Thanks people its really made our day. OH is so close to his uncle i am so happy he will be there...more for OH than myself Smiley smile

PLns going well - just last minute things to do now, fittings and finalisation meetings etc x

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Wow - that's lovely, you must be so happy!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

Yay! What fantastic news ?

• RebeccaLou87
    Beginner October 2011
    RebeccaLou87 ·
    • Hide content

Ah that's great news! :-) x

Hope everything is going well with your planning! Not long to go now really, im really busy with lots of wedding appointments, fittings etc! xx

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

Yey!! Thats fantastic! xx

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    superlauren321 ·
    • Hide content

Yey what great news! xxx

• VikingPrincess
    Beginner December 2011
    VikingPrincess ·
    • Hide content

Oh that's such great news! I can almost feel your happiness! Maybe because there are a couple of phone calls like that I would give anything to receive! We have quite a few beloved familyn and friends we dearly wanted there but who cannot afford it (they either live abroad, or too far from Leeds and would have to stay in a hotel for at least 2 nights)...

Enjoy meeting them! :o)

• Naboo
    Beginner
    Naboo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WSS - thats great news! lovely to have some good family related news for a change

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

Its still not really sunk in yet. Yesterday Oh's cousin got on the phone (he's 7) and asked me (with his australian twang) 'can i come to your wedding?' and when i said (v flustered as i've never spoken to him before) 'oh of course you can' he asked 'do i have to wear a suit?' lol x

Cant wait. Just hope that the family politics dont take over and OH's brothers and cousins dont get the hump that they'll be at ours when they couldnt be at theirs.

Oh well, even if they do i dont care i'm just so happy to see my OH sooo happy! xxxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics