Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A

Gourmet Picnic Hamper

akaelle, 26 of January of 2012 at 14:20 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi
Wonder if you could give me some feedback on an idea for my daughter's wedding reception please.

The indoor reception is in a barn-type venue. There is going to be a hog-roast early evening. We are thinking of having a gourmet 'picnic' in a hamper for afternoon which will be place on the table for guests to help themselves, a bit like a posh buffet in a box. Daughter does not want a vintage or rustic theme but more contemporary feel, think Ascot, Henley etc.,

Can anyone recommend a catering company local to Northamptonshire who do Gourmet Picnics for Weddings approx 60 guests.

I would love your thoughts on the idea, positive and negative.

Thanks Elle

3 replies

Latest activity by akaelle, 29 of May of 2013 at 15:44
  • M
    Beginner April 2012
    Misstd ·
    • Hide content

Sorry cant help on this but I love the idea! It's a shame u can't have everyone sitting on blankets perhaps you could put them on the tables!

• B
    Beginner July 2014
    blueypye ·
    • Hide content

Hi Elle,

What a lovely idea, I have had the same thoughts as well. Did you end up doing it? I was thinking of creating them myself using local hams, cheeses, etc and maybe some homemade scotch eggs and quiches.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Melissa x

• Unlikley Bride
    Rockstar July 2013
    Unlikley Bride ·
    • Hide content

Sorry I can't help with catering co. - but I just wanted to say how lovely it all sounds! Very up my street.

I'd toyed with the idea of a ploughman’s lunch in little individual baskets. We have a very famous (pork) pie shop close to us in North Yorks and this was the reason for making them a little special. I'm still undecided as I haven't found a caterer yet.

• A
    akaelle ·
    • Hide content

Just as a follow up to this post. My daughter got married in April 2013 and had an Afternoon Tea Reception, followed by a Hog Roast. We couldn't find a catering company who were willing to take the 'posh' hamper idea on as they stated that the food may get 'damaged/squashed. Although there are companies out there who do hampers, nobody does a bespoke one to client specifications that we could add our own chutneys etc.,

The afternoon tea we had was lovely and more contemporary than vintage. The sun shone after lots of poor weather in the previous week and we have a fabulous day.

I would like to add that I was tempted to take this challenge on, to do the hampers myself as I do quite a lot of cooking, however I am really glad that I didn't, being MOB keep me busy and I had time to enjoy the day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics