Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Grace loves lace dresses

25 of November of 2013 at 13:06 Posted on Planning 0 37

Hi

Has anyone ordered their dress from Grace Loves Lace? I've fallen in love with the Loren dress:

http://graceloveslace.com.au/collections/loren-ivory/

I'm obviously very worried about buying a dress I've not tried on. Has anyone else ordered a dress off the internet without trying it on first?

Thanks

37 replies

Latest activity by Kenna, 16 of July of 2021 at 17:39
  • H
    Beginner March 2014
    HollyakaB ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I have just ordered my dress from Grace Loves Lace! (literally today) and am excited and nervous. The reviews on the website are nothing but positive and the team who I have been emailing constantly have been so lovely.

I should receive my dress the beginning of Feb, so am happy to tell you what it is like when it arrives?

Holly Smiley smile

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress.

• H
    Beginner March 2014
    HollyakaB ·
    • Hide content

I ordered the Colette dress Smiley smile http://graceloveslace.com.au/collections/new-colette/

I knew it was THE dress as soon as I saw it! When are you getting married?

Holly x

• J
    Beginner December 2014
    Jenniferd6801 ·
    • Hide content

Hi guys I get married this December and still in need of a dress. I'm in love with the Hollie dress from grace loves lace... I emailed them Monday but haven't heard anything. How was their communication? Have any of your dresses arrived? I'm really nervous about buying online! Your help and experience would be appreciated so much! Thanks. Jen xx

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Lovely dress!! Smiley smile

• H
    Beginner March 2014
    HollyakaB ·
    • Hide content

I have ordered a dress from them, I found their communication really good, they kept me updated throughout the whole process and have been so so lovely.

My dress was dispatched today, I ordered it the 19th of December.

Happy to let you know more when I get the dress.

Holly Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner December 2014
    Jenniferd6801 ·
    • Hide content

Funnily enough they just emailed me this morning. I suppose I only emailed them Monday and with the time difference it's a quick response. I think I'm just nervous and really have my heart set on this dress! I've decided to go with the monet robe for over the top... I thought it would have a nice dignified touch with it being a winter wedding and I can take it off for the evening! Yes please do let me know what your dress is like when it arrives! Thanks! Smiley smile

• J
    Beginner December 2014
    Jenniferd6801 ·
    • Hide content

Ah fabulous. What type have you ordered? They're all fabulous! Let me know what it's like when it arrives if you don't mind! Going to order soon. I can't stop staring at it on the website. Their communication has been spot on this week. I think I just freaked out a bit! Thanks for your replies Smiley smile

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful!

• kharding2014
    Beginner October 2014
    kharding2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having wobbles! Stunning dresses. I wish I hadn't clicked the link because now its making me change my mind about the dress that I've already ordered a paid for.

would love to see some pictures once they arrive

x

• J
    Beginner December 2014
    Jenniferd6801 ·
    • Hide content

Oh no! Don't look anymore! I bet your dress is beautiful. Are you going for the boho look? X

• W
    Beginner June 2014
    WoodsieLenton ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I also ordered my dress from them (Josee) and am so nervous about it arriving that I've started having dreams about it being too short/not the same! Just feels like such a risk to plan to wear something I've never seen in real life, and I've still got over a month to go until it arrives! They have been very lovely and always reply promptly with reassuring words.

Would love to hear how you guys get on x

• J
    Beginner December 2014
    Jenniferd6801 ·
    • Hide content

Aw im so pleased I'm not the only one feeling like this... I do have faith in them... I think their dresses are so unique. Just ordered my flowers today the are vibrant and wild with a matching flower crown. Will look perfect with the dress. I've been looking at them on Instagram and saw lots of different brides in the dress I want they all look stunning... I do think we will all have the dress of our dreams and all this worrying will be over once they arrive! X

• J
    Beginner December 2014
    Jenniferd6801 ·
    • Hide content

Any dresses arrived yet girls?! X

• H
    Beginner March 2014
    HollyakaB ·
    • Hide content

Hi All,

My dress arrived Friday morning. It is beautiful Smiley smile I love it. So comfortable, and very simple and natural!

Just a little tip, keep tracking your dress daily once it has been dispatched, and track it through Parcelforce as you get more information rather than EMS, you can use the same tracking number given from Grave Loves Lace on the Parcelforce website.

Also, once you see that it is updated as at your local depot, ring them and pay the fee's otherwise you have to wait for them to write to you and they won't deliver until payment has been made. Once you pay, they deliver the next day!

I'm a very happy Bride! Smiley smile xx

• J
    Beginner December 2014
    Jenniferd6801 ·
    • Hide content

Ah brilliant! So glad it's arrived and you like it. Thanks for letting us know its have me a lot more confidence! Have a lovely wedding!

Jen

• W
    Beginner June 2014
    WoodsieLenton ·
    • Hide content

That's great to hear you're so happy with your dress - I knew it would all be fine. I'm not that scared about mine now- just impatient! When is your big day? And what kind of shoes are you going to wear? So exciting! x

• C
    Beginner October 2014
    catnor ·
    • Hide content

I love the Emme dress but I'm not brave enough to buy without trying on.

• W
    Beginner June 2014
    WoodsieLenton ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

My dress has arrived- such a relief!! The wait and stress was all worth it, the dress is better than I imagined! It fits perfectly and I'm really really pleased with it. Was really helpful for the nerves to hear others good stories so thanks ladies!

Like others, there was a customs charge so I had to go and collect from a depot in the middle of east nowhere- by the way, the charge was £27 Miss Tinkerbell2014.

Now, to find some bohemian-looking shoes with a 3.5 inch heel that won't sink in mud :-)

x

• J
    Beginner December 2014
    Jenniferd6801 ·
    • Hide content

Wow girls I'm so glad your all so happy. Can't wait to order mine! Thanks so much for all of yyour updates hope you all have a lovely wedding!

• S
    Beginner May 2015
    SunnyRedFlowers145 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies,

I have also been eying up th Grace Loves lace dresses. They are simply stunning. How long did your dress take to arrive? Will you upload a picture of the dress after the wedding? It will be great to see. I wanted the Emme but couldn't risk it without trying on so think I'm going for the Loren.

em x

• S
    Beginner March 2015
    Siobh ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies,

I've also fallen in love with a GLL dress. Would any of you mind putting up some pictures? Also, were you all happy with the fit once it arrived? I'm looking at the Antonia one which is stretch lace, anyone have experience of any of the stretch lace dresses?

Thanks.

• W
    Beginner June 2014
    WoodsieLenton ·
    • Hide content

I absolutely loved my dress too- as you'll see from the above thread, I was reluctant to order online and did everything I could to find a dress in real life that I liked as much as the GLL design but just couldn't find any. People did think I was mad to order online having never seen the dress but I never regretted it at all - it was just perfect. Just as beautiful as I hoped, gorgeous material and it fit perfectly. Of course people always tell the bride that their dress is beautiful, but I had so many people ask where it came from and say how unusual it was. It was also very light and comfy to wear. Here are some pics xx

• W
    Beginner June 2014
    WoodsieLenton ·
    • Hide content

• E
    Beginner January 1998
    ExpensiveBlueBridesmaid192 ·
    • Hide content

Hi just a quick one i have ordered my dress from grace loves lace and it is more then what i expected it is truly amazing!!!!. The grace team got back to me on everything I asked very quickly and from ordering, to the dress being received it took all of 4 months. Just a word of warning though budget for the customs charges on the parcel when in the UK as I got stung with a £115 fee! (Ridiculous I no!) I had to pay this before my dress would be delivered from my local depot to home.

cant wait to wear it !

• Racoon79
    Beginner June 2015
    Racoon79 ·
    • Hide content

Hi girls,

I have also discovered Grace Loves Lace also recently and feel in love with the Emme/Emme-Wasted and Clare dresses! The only thing that puts me off is the fact that I won't get to try them on before I order and pay £6-700 :-/ Then I had a brainwave: does anyone actually own any of these dresses nearby in the North west (Merseyside/cheshire/north Wales) or Nottingham (where I often visit my sister)? I thought perhaps this may be one way of trying them on beforehand to be sure if people were happy to do this... Just a thought! ?

Thanks in advance

Rach xx

• H
    Beginner March 2014
    HollyakaB ·
    • Hide content

Hi Rach,

I don't have either of those dresses, I have the Colette, but am happy for you to come and see my dress for the look and qaulity of the dresses?

I live in Bristol though, so may be a bit far..

Holly Smiley smile

• Racoon79
    Beginner June 2015
    Racoon79 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Holly,

Thanks so much for your message and offer of showing me your dress. Unfortunately Bristol is a bit out of the way and I don't have friends or family there, never mind.

Thank you anyway

xx

• cloii
    Beginner July 2015
    cloii ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow! WoodsieLenton, the josee dress looks amazing on you! I am between two dresses, one of which is the josee dress but your pictures are persuading me! haha hope you had the best day!?

• S
    Beginner May 2014
    Sarah E ·
    • Hide content

Hi Rach,

I was also choosing between the Emme-waisted and the Clare dresses so we must have similar taste! I ended up choosing the Emme-waisted and was not disappointed. ?

I'm actually selling mine if you're interested. It's tough to let it go as I'm quite sentimental about it but I'd rather free up space in my wardrobe and give another bride the chance to get enjoyment out of the dress instead of it gathering dust.

I live in Belgium so unfortunately it's a bit far for you to come and try it on but if it's the right size for you from the description it can save you almost 50%....so it's definitely something to consider. You can find the info here:

https://www.stillwhite.com/19812-grace-loves-lace-size-8

(don't pay attention to the title size, I was made to give a US size for the listing).

Sarah

• L
    Beginner July 2015
    lindsayloo ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

I am getting married next July and am in love with the madeline dress on GLL. I am so pleased to hear so many positive comments from you all on their dresses and the whole experience really but I am just wondering how weel the dresses support the bust!!??

I am a size 10 but have a DD cup, and the dress are all quite low in the back and I am wondering about how well it will support me or what sort of bra I will be able to wear?

I did email them and they said you could wear a bra and lower the straps...but all the models are tiny and need to support in their photographs!!

I really want to order this dress I just need to be brave and go for it!

Thanks!

• J
    jessdaniel ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I have a White Lace Dress and and i have no problem to use this dress. I think your Grace loves Lace Dresses also be nice.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics