Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Gran Canaria (Puerto Rico) Who's been???

18 June, 2011 at 15:06 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

Well I was sitting at my desk looking out at the shi*e weather and just happened to stumble across travel republic and a very good deal to Gran Canaria. A combination of the hellish weather and I can be arsed with work attitude this week FORCED me into pressing "book now" and entering all my card details before I could be stopped? by my sensible head saying "you really can't sfford this can you??"

What the hell, done now and OH didn't actually go loopy when I phoned him with the good news so who can give me some info?? Where's good to eat? Any trips we should take? Going in August 16th till 25th. x

7 replies

Latest activity by Panjita, 20 June, 2011 at 10:40
  • Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

My absolute fave europe destination. What hotel are you in? You should spend more time at Amadores Beach than Puerto Rico beach, lovely restuarants and just generally a nicer beach. The europa centre is lovely for a bite to eat at lunchtime and a drink. Caracolas (seashells) Restaurant on Amadores Beach is fantastic, and we had a wonderful Chateubriand in the Europa centre and also on the beach - can't remember the names though. We ate down at the beach most lunch times and dinners and never had a bad meal...soooooo jealous!!! I would go there every year if I could but OH doesn't like to do the same place twice - he wants to see the world me thinks!

• bec84
    Beginner
    bec84 ·
    • Hide content

I've been, but it was about 15 years ago before I was a grown up ?

We were looking at going to Puerto Mogan (before I booked greece) which is beautiful, definitely worth a trip

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

Also, one of our fave destinations - been there a few times.

Only recommendation, apart from Amadores Beach is that you have to visit Pancho Villa Mexican Restaurant (if you like mexican that is?!?!) Its not easy to find but any taxi will take you there. Its at a dead end kinda level 2 of the left hand side ( thats the busier side, if you have your back to the sea). Thoroughly recommend it.

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content

Got the boat to Mogan, lovely place but I get seasick (I didn't realise this until we were on the boat) so the second time we got the bus which was quicker, cheaper, and less sickening...the boat would be lovely if you like boats though IFSWIM

Let me know if there are any other Qs, x

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

My only experience of Gran Canaria was a last minute deal I mistakingly took to Playa del Ingles. Never again. It's the only holiday I have ever been on when I just wished I'd stayed at home.

Puerta Rico must be much nicer because I have friends that go back there year in year out.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics