Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S

Grazia Magazine

spinster chick, 21 of October of 2008 at 16:32 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

OK I have a subscription to Eve magazine which is obviously deadly dull as they are stopping publishing it! They have offered me Grazia magazine instead I only read this in waiting rooms or if someone else has bought it and have never been oooo I must buy this regularly. Am I underestimating it? Will my life be more enriched for reading it on a regular basis (well for the next 40 issues!?) Will I be a better person for having it in my life...tell me what to do!!?

8 replies

Latest activity by Darla, 21 of October of 2008 at 19:59
  • Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

I read it religiously for about a year - I never missed an issue - but then for three issues in a row, there was nothing in but fashion. I know it's heavily biased towards fashion and that's fair enough - but there was nothing else to balance it out. I think there was one other "real life" story and little else. At which point I decided I would be better off buying a book once a month than spending the best part of £8 a month reading about stuff I can never afford.

I loved the After Him column written by Samantha Warwick and after that finished, to be honest, I felt it went downhill a bit.

• S
    spinster chick ·
    • Hide content

Cheers, that is useful!

• Foo
    Beginner June 2014
    Foo ·
    • Hide content

I probably read it twice a month. It's ok, there's way too much catwalk/high end fashion in it for me (I hate reading about stuff I can't afford ?) but I quite like their high street fashion coverage.

Other features I like are the street fashion pics where they photograph 'real people', Mary Portas' problem page, the odd bit of celeb gossip and there's usually an interesting real life story.

• S
    spinster chick ·
    • Hide content

Whispers Foo it's only published twice a month I think?

• GlenCoco
    GlenCoco ·
    • Hide content

Its a weekly and I buy it every week. It is heavy on the fashion side but I love all that shallow stuff!

• Chicken
    Beginner October 2003
    Chicken ·
    • Hide content

I was really hungover recently and bought it on the way to work as I did every Wednesday (Look is on Tuesday) and it really pished me off. I went into work ranting about it being a ridiculous magazine and that I was never going to buy it again. I don't know if was the hangover that made it so ridiculous or what it is that pished me off so badly about it - all I know is that I now hate it. ? Helpful?

• S
    spinster chick ·
    • Hide content

Chook

Very helpful and obviously your opinion is the best!!

I am being conned anyway if it is weekly why are they only offering me 2 copies a month pah they can return my cash and I shall subscribe to another magazine....now shall I post asking which one ?!

• Wordsworth
    Beginner September 2005
    Wordsworth ·
    • Hide content

I agree completely with CBH. I too used to read it every week but recently it's not been nearly as good as it used to be, so I've stopped buying it.

• Darla
    Beginner January 2012
    Darla ·
    • Hide content

I had a sub to first magazine, but I was obviously the only one as that stopped too and they sent me Grazia, I continued with it, then they called me and offered mesome freebies if I carried on, so I did but I have recently cancelled it, I wasn't reading it at all, it became so high fashion basedI justwasn't interested, so no I would not recommend it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics