Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2014

Great 2 p'd off people and now I dont want my hen at all!

Mrslizziew2be, 23 of July of 2014 at 20:48 Posted on Planning 0 17

I'm going to put it out there that I don't like male strippers, I find them just discussing like a muscle with legs, a bad tan and covered in oil. Couldn't think of anything else I wanted at my hen!

I mentioned today on someone else's post that I'm having 1.5 hen do's. My main 1 that my sister (MOH) and my best fried (BM) have orgibised from listening to what I want. A spa day with my mum, MIl, my sister, best mate, SiL, nan, and a couple of friends, dinner with them then home for a pre party where te mums and nan will leave and the rest of my friends arrive then we will leave to head out to my fav club where we have a booth hired and a whole package... Perfect!

Then 1 of the friends coming to the spa has arranged for me and a mutual friend of our to go on a girly day out where their paying for a spray tan for me and my nails done... Really greatful.

The other week the friend who orginised the girly day out sent my sister a message saying I want a stripper at my main hen. My sister knowing me said that I didn't and I showed my sister the messages between me and the friend where she asked if anything else was planned an I said no Iv got what I wanted. She must of text my sister after that.

Then today I get bombbarded with messages from the friend saying 'let's get this straight, when did you tell your sister you don't want a stripper because it's your last night before you spend the rest of your life with the same man' I told her Iv never liked them and couldn't think of anything worse then a half naked man grinding on me and having his junk in his face. When I'm out in town ( the odd time I go) I hate men hitting on me and thinking it's ok to touch me. So to me a stripper is a big no no!

My sister is annoyed at my friend trying to force her to get me one and my friend is annoyed I don't want one! I think she's only annoyed because she wants one! Her OH is the best man and he orginised a stag in brighton last weekend and te lads went to a strip club... I have no problem with female strippers at all because they don't seem to e as in your face as males and they defiantly don't look like a steroid! So I think she wants to match the stag, but at never been her place to plan it!

Dont get me wrong I do really like her but she's the type to not let something drop. So much so I really don't want my Hen do any more, I'd cancel it if people hadn't already paid for their share of it already Smiley sad

I feel like getting OH to talk to the BM to ask his GF to drop it and make sure she dosnt book it.

I just want to be listened to. Smiley sad

17 replies

Latest activity by Mrslizziew2be, 24 of July of 2014 at 19:34
  • S
    Beginner September 2014
    SoontobeMrsR ·
    • Hide content

Poor you! This would be my idea of hell too!!

i think asking your OH to speak with the BM may be the way forward. But you may simply have to phone her and tell her that there is no way you want a stripper!

• MrsHertfordshire
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsHertfordshire ·
    • Hide content

You may not like my suggestion but I do totally agree with you. I do think you should ask for her partner to talk to her about it maybe if she hears it from another route other than you or your sister she may realise you really don't want one.

But if it happens, if it were me and a stripper turned up - I'd get up and walk out Im sure like minded friends of yours will follow and it will leave her and the stripper feeling very embarrassed - plus you will look more empowered rather than deflated and cancelling when people have paid and are looking forward to spending time with you.

If your friend is that gutted, but her "Magic Mike" - Channing Tatum film on DVD for Christmas!!

Good Luck x

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

I'm glad I'm not the only one who see's it as hell!

Iv told her again and again I don't want one. When she has her hen she can have as many as she wants as that's her choice. Just feel abit like she's trying to force me into it. But now she's said, ok just wante you to have a great hen not saying it won't be good but I get what your saying.

So maybe the cloud has a siler lining? Until tomorrow when the thought pops into her head again ha!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

I did say to my best friend if one turns up I'm going to a different club. I won't be forced into something I don't want to do. So yeah I get what your saying there.

Somehow I think she's lost the idea this is MY hen. In a way I think she's trying to spoil me some more without understanding that's not what I'm into or want.

If I was a guest at a hen with one and the attention wasn't on me... Or the man, then I'd have no problem, I'd sit drink my drink and laugh along. But to be the person in the chair... No thank you!

• BAMS
    Beginner November 2014
    BAMS ·
    • Hide content

Not my idea of a fun night either - glad to hear you have it sorted.

Oh yuck, I now have some hideous images in my head, quick need something to distract me!!!!!

• Pandabarney
    Beginner August 2014
    Pandabarney ·
    • Hide content

I totally agree with you. A stripper would be my worst nightmare! Some of the stories I've heard about what some of the strippers do is nothing better than sexual assault! Luckily for me my family and friends know it's not my thing at all so good for you for sticking to your guns. Like the OP said just walk out if they turn up and let your mate lap it up!

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This ^^^^

I'd happily watch magic mike over and over again, or be in the audience at a dreamboys show but to sit there and be expected to cop a feel of his muscles or lick whipped cream or .. You know the rest. I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable so I understand you completely Mrslizziew2be!

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content

Yep I hate it too... female strippers dont bother me but the male strippers make me physically feel sick, I have never seen one thats my 'type' in fact they always look like the douchebags I try to avoid

I will probably have nude men at one of mine but thats part of a comedy act so no grinding/trusting/rubbing etc... just giggles

• MrsCWB
    Beginner October 2014
    MrsCWB ·
    • Hide content

My friends all chipped in and got me a stripper for my 30th. I was mortified. It was the most embarrassing 20 minutes of my life. I hated it. The stripper was only about 5 foot tall, and he just looked like an incredibly muscled child. It made me feel sick. All my friends crowded round, so there was no escape. I had to grin and bear it.

It was kind of my friends to try and make my birthday special, but it was not my thing at all, so I feel for you. I think the only way forward is to be brutally honest with your friend about your feelings, make her understand and tell her that if one turns up, you will leave. If that doesn't work, then as others have said, talk to her OH. She still might not get the message, but then at least she won't be surprised when you walk out if one turns up.

x

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Hi ladies, thanks for the replys. Last night I told OH what went on and he agrees with my friend! After 8 years together I'd hope he knew it wasn't for me. He said he does understand why I don't want one but I should just enjoy it... NO!

Even with him saying this it hasn't changed my mind at all. I will still walk out if one turns up.

I don't think I could tell the friend anymore then I have my reasons why I don't want one, so the hope is she'll drop it now.

Thanks for understanding ladies Smiley smile

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Heavens to betsy, 20 minutes?!!! I'd've died of embarrassment by then!

As may be clear, I'm another one in the definitely no strippers camp. (I also hate penis-shaped "accessories")

Glad to hear things have worked out ok for you Mrslizziew2be, and hope the hen dos are fab.

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Smiley smile

yeah I don't get the willy thing, I'm a bride to be not someone who wants the world to think I get thrills out of blowing a willy whistle or drinking out of a willy straw! I'm not a teenager anymore, they may of been funny when I was 18!

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

You aren't the only one. My MOH would have loved to get one but she knows I would have thrown a wobbler and it's not worth her wasting her money!

I said no willies, no sashes, no t-shirts and no fire-hazard veil for mine! Def not my thing!!

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

I'm an ex-ann summers party organiser so I totally get the willy thing and expect them in abundance on my hen lol. However, I can't bear dressing up. I told my lot that if they tried to force me into fancy dress, I would leave. Fortunately, they listened and even though I don't know what will hapoen, I know I don't have to dress up.

Stand your ground - it's your hen night after all!!

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

Oh I do have a tacky tiara with a veil , garter to match and a sash! But that's enough for me! My OH had a willy whistle for his stay, a willies on springs on his head and a 'hen night' sash... In Brighton and everyone through the was gay... But he just shrugged it off and made a point of keeping it all on all night ha!

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    H3LEN ·
    • Hide content

This isn't pay back for he partner going to a strip club is it?

I hate male strippers or anything rude really when we're out. Not got a problem with OH going to a strip club though, tbh saves me a job ?.

Sick to your plans and walk out if one turns up, but I doubt one will. She would have to pay the bill for him single handed.

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Totally with you on the no stripper thing, I'd be mortified. I think by the sounds of things your friend is being selfish and pushing it to get back at her OH. Stand your ground I say. If only men had the balls to stand up to their mates if they don't want a stripper... (never going to happen to anyone ever).

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrslizziew2be ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure it's pay back as she helped the BM orginise the stag, and she seemed fine with the strip club.

At the strip club 1 member of the stag pain for my OH to have 'humiliation' done to him where he was dragged to the stage, made to act like a dog, then had 18 lashes across him bum and lower back ( that drew blood) with a belt! I was texting the friend when I found out laughing about it and she told her OH I don't know it was strippers who done it to him and that my OH told me his friends done it!!!

Starting to think she reads half a text and makes the rest up. My OH has no reason to like to me and told me everything that went on on the stag!

Somehow ISO think she was trying to get one up on the stag with the stripper thing though!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics