Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miss-b
Beginner August 2016

Grendon Lakes Northamptonshire.. Anyone been???

Miss-b, 5 of August of 2014 at 13:40 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi guys, has anyone been to a wedding, event or even just stayed at Grendon Lakes based in Northants???

We are considering it for our wedding venue as it seems perfect! We haven't been to see it yet, but I am booking an appointment to go over when they are set up for a wedding! We can have the ceremony and the reception there, which was a must for us as we aren't religious so won't be having a church wedding but I refused to get married in a registry office. I know there are some lovely ones out there but all local to me aren't great! It has a lovely laid back feel to it, which is what we want. They offer BBQ's and hog roasts which again is what we wanted! It's a cheaper venue, as we are on a tight budget but still looks nice and not just a room in the local WMC!!

What I'm worried about is that it is also a camp site.. Will there be loads of people milling about during the day?! Will it be muddy?

I've had a look at their facebook page and any weddings they have had recently looked lovely! It does have stunning scenery and is right next to the lakes which will make lovely pictures, but I'm just WORRIED (might just be me, I'm a worrier!!) as its not your most traditional of venues. I also can't really find any reviews about it as a wedding venue, rather than a camping review! Below is a link if anyone wants to take a look!

https://www.grendonlakes.co.uk/page/Weddings_and_Functions/

They have some cute little private glamping area's on site which I would book for our wedding night so we can sleep under the stars (my other half is a BIG BIG space and science nerd lol) and maybe a few days to chill out after the madness!

Some thoughts and opinions would be much appreciated ladies Smiley smile

Much Love xx

1 replies

Latest activity by CrazyRatLady, 5 of August of 2014 at 13:53
  • M
    Beginner April 2015
    Mrs-S-to-be ·
    • Hide content

Haven't been but questions I'd ask:

- If it rains, where do you have the reception?

- If in the function room, how does this get turned around from ceremony room to reception room?

- While this is happening, is there anywhere for you and your party to wait?

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

I was there last week for a friend's birthday! There was a wedding going on the same day apparently, we were in the camping field part and didn't see or hear the wedding so can only assume they couldn't hear us either! It wasn't muddy (but it wasn't raining). Lovely views over countryside. I wouldn't worry about tradition, our breakfast is at Pizza Express! Do what is right for you.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics