Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rhian
Curious September 2022 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire

Gretna Green, just the two of us

Rhian, 22 of April of 2022 at 09:11 Posted on Off Topic Posts 1 13

Hi, I’m new here, this is my first post. My OH and I have been together just over 2 years and we’ve been talking of getting married in the next year. I’ve been married before, and neither of us want a big fuss so we’d just like to go away and do it together then throw a party for family and friends a month or so later.

This is the package we’re looking at! Has anyone done this? I’ve got lots of questions, and when I find one answer it seems to bring up more questions! Basically, we want to get married, have some photos then go for food together. No fuss, just being about us! How do we organise a bouquet? Are there any upgrades available for the room? Will we need to get ready together? Not that I am overly bothered about that as in some ways it’ll make it more intimate. That’s just a few questions to start!

Thanks xx

13 replies

Latest activity by LAura, 19 of September of 2022 at 09:46
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

That sounds a lovely relaxed wedding and if it is what you want then go for it. In terms of your questions I would suggesdt you message on their Enquiry page or call them and run through options as they may be able to tweak it or recommend suppliers for the other things you want, only they can tell you

• Rhian
    Rhian ·
    • Hide content

Thank you! I’ve messaged them about witnesses and they will provide them for £30 so that’s that question sorted. I think I’ll use the weekend to write all the questions I have an call them on Monday.

I’d love to hear from anyone who has done the simple Gretna Green wedding and hear about how it was xx

• K
    Dedicated April 2022 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Rhian. We are getting married in Gretna next weekend. Right from the start the team have been so helpful, the customer service has been fantastic. We are staying at Gretna Hall hotel but there is a beauty salon in Smiths hotel who offer a service where they help you with finishing touches when getting ready so may be worth contacting them if you don’t want to get ready with your partner. It’s called Spoilt at Smiths - they are on Insta. We are taking some family with us so I will be getting ready in one of their rooms. You have to fill in M10 forms too to give notice of marriage and I also found the registrars there very helpful. I can let you know how it goes next weekend if you like xx
  • Rhian
    Rhian ·
    • Hide content

That would be wonderful Kirsty, thank you! I hope your day goes amazingly xx

• K
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! If you think of any questions PM me and I’ll see if I can help
  • J
    Beginner August 2022 Perthshire
    Jessica ·
    • Hide content

I haven't gotten married yet but my fiancee's parents got married at Gretna Green in 2017 and we all stayed at Smiths hotel and had the reception there. I can honestly say it was one of the best days/night of our lives and there were only 10 of us attending! Just wanted to let you know as it really is such a fantastic place to get married!

• Rhian
    Rhian ·
    • Hide content

That is amazing Jessica, thank you xx

• Rhian
    Rhian ·
    • Hide content

We’ve booked! Tuesday6th September, so excited!

• K
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Fantastic!!! How exciting!!!!
  • J
    Beginner August 2022 Surrey
    Jennifer ·
    • Hide content
    We are getting married there 20th August 🤗 so excited. Congratulations to you too and I hope you have a magical day xx
  • Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, that sounds lovely! Me and my fiancé are doing a Gretna Green package but we are doing the Elopement package and staying at a nearby B&B for 2 nights. I did enquire originally about the Gretna Green package for 2 and there’s lots of room upgrades, you can even have a self catering cottage at The Smiths, they’re very flexible. I’m ordering my no-fuss preserves bouquet from Etsy so I’m unsure about florists but I do know that Smiths have a hair and beauty salon. I hope this helps!
  • Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    We’ve booked for them to provide witnesses for us as we want it to ideally be us two and tell family straight after via FaceTime! There’s also an M10 form that has to be filled in around 3 months prior (no later than 29 days before wedding) and sent to Gretna Registrars. But the team is just great and really helpful and will help with any query so I think your idea of gathering questions and asking is great.
  • L
    Beginner December 2022 Powys
    LAura ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations! Hope you had the most amazing day!
    We booked yesterday… we are going to get married in the shop 2nd December and stay in Gretna Hall.
    We aren’t telling anyone until after the wedding day. It will be just us and our little boy.Then we are going to travel to Edinburgh the next day for some festive fun.Can you tell me if you were allowed any music playing?Do you think they would let me ask the witnesses to record our vows on my phone?Sorry for all the questions.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics