Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner March 2016

Grey bridesmaids, blue groomsmen, orange flowers???

MrsLloyd2b, 14 of June of 2015 at 20:06 Posted on Planning 0 3

We're having a peachy orangey colour theme, as we both love orange, however I decided not to put my bridesmaids in peach as it didn't quite suit them as they are pale and one is a red head. They said they would wear whatever I wanted bless them but I could see they weren't 100% happy in peach and I want them to feel completely comfortable. I was getting all in a tizz as I've always pictured having pale peach dresses and orange flowers but I had a brainwave after a good pinterest session and have now bought the bridesmaids dresses in grey- dessy twist dresses in platinum -and I love them! I think they'll make the flowers "pop" out. The next dilemma is the colour of the suits for the boys. We're thinking blue/navy to compliment the grey bridesmaids dresses. I was worried that grey suits even if a different shade will be too much grey but now I'm thinking that blue will look odd! So do you think that grey bridesmaids and blue groomsmen will look ok?? Help! I'm attaching a pic of the bm desssy dresses and a pic of my colour inspiration.

3 replies

Latest activity by AnnaMolly, 14 of June of 2015 at 21:14
  • Lapland2015
    Beginner December 2015
    Lapland2015 ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful dresses! And great colour choice with orange flowers! I found this and thought you might want a look. They had darker bridesmaid dresses but the suits go well with the groom in gray and the groomsmen in black/very dark gray

http://www.jetfeteblog.com/destination-weddings/orange-grey-nyc-destination-wedding

• M
    Beginner March 2016
    MrsLloyd2b ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the link, what a lovely wedding! I love the bm's orange shoes, hadn't thought of that! I love the grey suits but I'm just worried that there will be too much grey if everyone is wearing it. I cant find any pics of grey bms and blue grooms xxx

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

I think your colour scheme would work if you went for a navy blue for the groomsmen. With the platinum grey in your pics, it will look like it is part of the same palette. The bright orange would work really well with both.

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

I hope it goes because this is exactly what I'm doing Smiley winking

It's funny, I've also been googling and looking through Pinterest to find grey bm's and blue grooms/ushers and there's nothing. Found quite a few with navy dresses and grey suits so I'm sure it will work the other way round.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics