Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2012

grey cocktail dress, silver bag, silver jewelery and GOLD shoes??

kacy1988, 18 July, 2012 at 22:30 Posted on Planning 0 17

Arrgggghhhhhhhh

i bought these dresses in grey for my bridesmaids

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Womens-Evening-Bridesmaid-Wedding-Cocktail-Party-Prom-Dress-UK-Size-8-20-/270997321100?pt=UK_Bridesmaid_Dresses&var=&hash=item3f18b2f58c

i bought them silver clutch bags similar to this but with some bling on them

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/180925381013?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&cbt=y

and we agreed they would buy their own SILVER shoes of their choice (what ever hight / style they wanted) as they were paying and then could get something to wear again.

well one of them decided these would be perfect....

http://www.longtallsally.com/tall-women-large-shoes/upto-size11/shoes/sandals/leather-multi-strap-sandals/gold

am i the only one that thinks she's going to look a complete tool!!?????

17 replies

Latest activity by kacy1988, 20 July, 2012 at 11:21
  • Little Miss Tweety
    Beginner August 2012
    Little Miss Tweety ·
    • Hide content

I wouldnt put gold with it!

If they paying can you insist on silver? How good is your relationship to be able to say they have to be silver?

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

Oh dear, gold and silver - isn't that like illegal or something?!

Those bridesmaid dresses are lovely. I was going to have dark silver, but ended up going for raspberry pink with silver shoes and wraps, with the boys in dark silver waistcoats and ties.

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    kacy1988 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

she was the one that suggested silver in the first place though, it was agreed upon by all that they'd be silver and my other bridesmaid has bought hers on this understanding.....

it's my future SIL, Oh has strongly suggested she wears something different as it'll look odd.

i've said if she refuses to exchange them then i'll buy her some shoes. sh'es also refused to have her hair and nails done with us and wants to meet us at the venue not travel in the same car as us. honestly she's being a royal pain in the butt!!

• ButterflyChild
    Beginner May 2013
    ButterflyChild ·
    • Hide content

I have a BM who is proving to be just the same! So much so I haven't bothered buying her a dress yet!

• xlovebirdsx
    Beginner August 2012
    xlovebirdsx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

She sounds like a nightmare!

Ps I was looking at getting those BM dresses too!

• H
    Beginner May 2013
    HEmmaH ·
    • Hide content

I notice she's bought her shoes from Long Tall Sally - maybe she has big feet and can't find any silver ones in her size? (I may be completely wrong!)

Don't let it ruin your day though, people will be too busy looking at you to worry about what she has on her feet!

I love the BM dresses by the way.

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    kacy1988 ·
    • Hide content

she has big feet (a 9 or a 10 i think)- after a quick google i've found 5 pairs under £30 that are in stock in both sizes. i've emailed them to her offering to pay for them as i really dont want her in gold. i think 5 choices is enough. dont you?

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I controversially think the shoe would look ok with the dress because of the gold detail in the buckle.

But then I'm a bit nuts like that, I quite like gold sandals with anything!

• porkchop
    Beginner September 2012
    porkchop ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This, but I'd be more concered that they are a bit clumpy, tacky looking and a bit beachy, rather than delicate, elegant wedding?

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    kacy1988 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

the blingy bit is a brooch, we have removed them as they are a bit tacky (being cheap chinese copies)

maybe if she had a gold bag it'd be ok - but it's silver...

i think it might be a bit miss matched

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like mismatched ?

But in all seriousness, she does sound like a PITA. And if you have specified the colour, she should stick to that. It's not as if she'll never wear silver shoes again. Don't offer to buy them for her though, it's not fair on the other BM's.

• Nicola_84uk
    Beginner October 2013
    Nicola_84uk ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too! I don't think the gold is a prob as you have the gold buckle of the dress and gold on the bag (looks like that int he pic anyway), howvever the shoes are awful for a wedding!! If she is tall and doesn't want to wear heels even ballet pumps would be better than those. If you have tried to talk to her about this and failed could you get one of the otehr bridesmaid's to talk to her?? Maybe they could talk about what shoes they have and explain that they wouldn't look right together. I have told my BM that she can pick whatever style dress she wants as long as it is in dark purple. She has good taste but you've got me worried now ? hehe!

• S
    Beginner August 2012
    Spookle ·
    • Hide content

Errrm no gold shoes just would not go for nme

• mimzyC
    Beginner March 2016
    mimzyC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

she was the one that suggested silver in the first place though, it was agreed upon by all that they'd be silver and my other bridesmaid has bought hers on this understanding.....

it's my future SIL, Oh has strongly suggested she wears something different as it'll look odd.

i've said if she refuses to exchange them then i'll buy her some shoes. sh'es also refused to have her hair and nails done with us and wants to meet us at the venue not travel in the same car as us. honestly she's being a royal pain in the butt!!

I'm having major trouble with a future SIL at the moment, maybe have a nice word with your future MIL?? See if she can change the SIL's attitude to YOUR wedding? xx

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• Sparkly Momma
    Beginner November 2013
    Sparkly Momma ·
    • Hide content

They aren't even pretty,wedding type footwear! i wouldn't wear them even as a guest.... What a PITA!!!

• K
    Beginner August 2012
    kacy1988 ·
    • Hide content

Shes ordered almost identical ones but in silver

they're still hideous but that'll teach me for saying "as long as they're silver just buy something that you like / are comfortable"

oh well. semi resolved i suppose. good job i'm not a bridezilla eh!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics