Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Beginner February 2014

Grey/pink/navy help!

*beth*, 22 of March of 2013 at 16:51 Posted on Planning 0 9

I'm new to this so not sure if this is in the right place sorry!

Have been engaged for over a year and always had in mind that our colours were going to be grey and dusky pink, but haven't actually done any planning as have been too busy having babies instead! However now the big day is less than a year away (feb 2014) so the planning has started, but I'm not sure I like where we're going with it. I love the grey and pink vintage feel, and our venue is a beautiful wooden barn type place so think it would suit, however having booked birdcage centrepieces with pink petals, grey suits with pink ties, and seen our pink handmade invites I'm starting to wonder if its a bit too much but I'm not sure why as nothing is massively pink it's very subtle, and I'd love it if I saw it at someone else's wedding I just don't know if its really me, and whether its too summery for the time of year. I think I want something more simple and classy rather then vintage now. I ordered dusky pink bridesmaid dresses but think they've confirmed that's it's all a bit too girly for me, and I keep being drawn to navy dresses now instead! Other half wears a navy suit everyday for work so is not impressed with my new ideas but I'm wondering if I could still have the men in grey suits, with navy ties apart from him who could keep the pink? Or would that be too much? I'm confusing myself by over thinking it now, someone just let me know if all 3 colours can work well together please!

9 replies

Latest activity by PinkLady3, 23 of March of 2013 at 19:00
  • zoe@hitched
    Dedicated February 2016
    zoe@hitched ·
    • Hide content

I think they sound lovely together! By adding in an extra colour you're giving yourself a bit more leeway when decorating etc. There's no hard and fast rule that you have to have two colours and everything has to be in those colours. Play around with moodboards and just pick what you like!

Zoe

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

I think it sounds lovely too! I've been fancying dusky pastels for my main colours, and my OH is planning on a grey suit. I went shopping with my sister today to get some ideas for her bridesmaids dress and she kept on being drawn to navy - didn't really feel comfortable in the paler colors, so I'm hoping that grey, navy and dusky pink will work well too!

• K
    Beginner June 2013
    kittykatkat ·
    • Hide content

Hey! Were you thinking something like these?

xx

Beginner February 2014
    *beth* ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all!

Kittykatkat that bottom photo was exactly was I was thinking of, originally, but now I want to throw navy bridesmaids in instead! Wasnt sure if I could try and have navy bridesmaids and ushers in the grey suits with navy ties and pink buttonholes, and then hubby with pink tie as he is refusing the navy! Am so used to seeing my friends all do matchy matchy 2 colours only wedding themes that the 3 colours thing is scaring me!!

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Youve described my wedding :-) I'm having a simple, vintage "theme", with bridesmaids in navy blue dresses, men in dark grey suits with navy ties and soft, shabby pink and white flowers. I wanted some pink without going too girly so this has worked really well for me. I'm getting married on April 12th so will flash some piccies after xx

Beginner February 2014
    *beth* ·
    • Hide content

That's sounds fab! Look forward to seeing some photos! X

• K
    Beginner June 2013
    kittykatkat ·
    • Hide content

I think your idea sounds lovely Beth, and that way it won't be too girly like you said in your original post. Don't think you need to worry at all! Looking forward to seeing vintage84's photos too! x

• PinkLady3
    Beginner September 2014
    PinkLady3 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going for those colours too but with a darkish pink rather than dusky pink. I think the colours go together beautifully! X

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics