Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Crypto
Beginner

Grey's Anatomy season 5 finale - spoilers

Crypto, 20 of May of 2009 at 14:07 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 15

Has anyone seen this yet? I can't believe it, I was so shocked, what a great ending. Either I am a big numpty or they did it really well - I did think when he first came in that it must be someone we know but then I forgot about it and I never thought it would be George.

So is that it then do you think? No George and no Izzie? I have a sneaky suspicion that Izzie will be ok but George is gone forever ?

15 replies

Latest activity by CBear, 29 of June of 2009 at 18:01
  • Saracroft251
    Beginner August 2010
    Saracroft251 ·
    • Hide content

I personally was traumatised by the ending - I love Izzie & George and it will not be the same without them!!!

• V
    Beginner September 2005
    Viva Suzi ·
    • Hide content

I'm pretty sure the actor who plays George has hinted he is not returning - plus it did feel like his character didn't really have any where to go in the future anyway, IYSWIM.

Wish Izzy would not bother returning she drives me mad!

Oh and the actress who plays Meredith is pg in real life and that is likely to be written into the plot......

• S
    Beginner
    Sciver ·
    • Hide content

Do tell more ............ !!!! I love a good spoiler. Do George and Izzy die??

• Crypto
    Beginner
    Crypto ·
    • Hide content

I think you are right VS, I read something like that too. Although the producer said that one of the reasons George had not been in it much this season was so we wouldn't notice that he was missing in the last episode - sounds like a bit of a stretch!

I am also fed up with Izzy so won't miss her too much if she does go.

Sciver are you sure you want to know? Its a really good shock ending if you watch it.

• S
    Beginner
    Sciver ·
    • Hide content

Crypto - I went off and googled episode guides.

Noooooooooooo!!

• HeidiHole
    Beginner October 2003
    HeidiHole ·
    • Hide content

Tell meeeeeeeeeeee what happeneeeeeeed <sob>

Please :-)

• G
    Beginner September 2005
    Gingey Wife ·
    • Hide content

It was excellent wasn't it?!

George with the short hair. YUM! I reckon that Izzy will be back but not George.

Been reading some back gossip stories on the series and had no idea firstly that the actor that plays George is gay and the reason that Burke left is because he was sacked for calling George a f aggot.

• Luthien
    Beginner June 2007
    Luthien ·
    • Hide content

Boo! I hate traumatic endings.

Bring back Addison I say.

• digitalskittles
    Beginner
    digitalskittles ·
    • Hide content

I was traumatised! I had my ear phones in so I could block H amd his gaming out and he just laughed at me as I gasped and shouted Oh no George!

I really wish that George will be alive but in reality I don't think he will be. From the final scene it looks like Izzy will be back.

I spent ages waiting for my friend to watch it as she was moving house at the time and I needed someone to be upset with. I don't want to wait months to get an answer.

• M
    Beginner June 2003
    MrsY ·
    • Hide content

I loved the Season 5 finale.

Apparently Izzie had the same dress on when Denny died and that the lift/elevator was symbolic in some way!

Also been hearing a lot that George is not coming back and that Izzie wasn't going to but changed her mind when she got such good plots.

• Crypto
    Beginner
    Crypto ·
    • Hide content

HH - please don't make me tell you, I will feel bad for ruining it. Be patient and it will be worth it!

I didn't know that about George being gay. Agree that he was YUM with short hair though, will have to keep an eye out for what he does next ?

I also did the gasping and 'oh no, george' comments DS and my husband kept saying 'who's george' but I couldn't answer for being traumatised ?

Has anyone seen the spin off serious with Addison in LA? Private Practice I think its called. I might have to get Mr Crypto to get it for me. I seem to recall some rather yummy men from the spin off episodes they did last year ?

• V
    Beginner
    Veilmad ·
    • Hide content

Just watched this and totally didn't see it coming about George. I cried for about an hour (I'm pregnant so allowed to). I guessed Izzy would die but am so so so shocked. I've been reading on the internet that Izzy might not actually be dead but I bbet they both are.

And my God didn't George look totally fwoorrrhh with shaved head and uniform on. Blimey never saw that one coming either!

• Dr Doo.Little
    Beginner May 2007
    Dr Doo.Little ·
    • Hide content

I totally didn't see the George thing coming either. I watched the last two episodes on Friday night when I was in on my own and I have to say I was pretty traumatised too. I expected that Izzy might die in the final episode, but I never expected it to be two of them and for it ito be such a cliffhanger ending.

I hate it when they leave you guessing for months before you find ot what happened.

George ?

Izzy ?

• Ladelley
    Beginner August 2008
    Ladelley ·
    • Hide content

I figured out it was George when Callie went to the operating theatre and George wasn't there (so about 2 minutes before it was revealed). It left me a bit numb to be honest. I cried much more the week before with the wedding episode. I sobbed for ages after that (damn pregnancy hormones).

I have been very studiously avoiding anything that might tell me who was or wasn't returning next season, but now I've gone and blown it by opening this thread. ?

• Sparkley
    Beginner September 2007
    Sparkley ·
    • Hide content

OMG wasn't it a fab, fab, fab ending. I cried at the end. I knew the man that had been run over by a bus would be someone we 'knew'. I screamed GEORGE when I found out it was him and burst into tears ?

I don't think he will come back, which is sad, as I love him. I hope Izzy comes back. I want to see Meredith get married!

• CBear
    Beginner April 2009
    CBear ·
    • Hide content

It was a fab last episode, totally didn't see it coming!

I think both are leaving - Izzie to pursue a film career, and George because he wanted something with more screen time.

Absolutely love this show, especially Callie who is too hot for words [swoon icon].

Really wish they'd bring Addison back, love her but just don't think Private Practice is as good. Maybe they could bring her back to have an affair with Callie. Or is that just me being preverted? ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics