Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner July 2014

Groom outfit - Light Grey Suit with Fushia pink cravat

Groomie, 16 of June of 2014 at 16:16 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi All,

I am wearing as the title suggested a light grey suit with a fushia pink cravat. The Bridemaids are going to be wearing fushia pink dresses so my groomsmen are wearing fushia pink tie with light grey suits. As the groom, I am going to wear a waistcoat and this is where I hit the stumbling block. What colour waistcoat would compliment the colors i'm wearing? Or should I wear the waistcoat the same as the suit ie; 3 piece? My Fiancée suggests a Champaign colour Waistcoat but I don't think it would look right + I can't see any pictures on the net. Any advice appreciated.

4 replies

Latest activity by Groomie, 13 of August of 2014 at 07:44
  • Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

You might gain inspiration from the real wedding that we put live on the site today as the groom seems to be wearing similar colours to what you are describing.

Real wedding - https://www.hitched.co.uk/real-weddings/lisa-peter_390/

Or we have a full groomswear inspiration gallery that might help you too: https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-pictures/groomswear/

Best of luck with your search!

Fran

• Miss-b
    Beginner August 2016
    Miss-b ·
    • Hide content

Hi Groomie, personally I think a waistcoat either the same colour as your suit or a nice ivory. I think a fushia pink would be too much, unless you go for a light pink? My Auntie and Uncle had Fushia pink and my Uncle wore a ivory waistcoat with gold detailing.

I agree with you that I don't think a champagne would work, but equally sometimes you don't know how it will look without trying Smiley smile

Good Luck!

• RusticBride15
    Beginner June 2015
    RusticBride15 ·
    • Hide content

Stick with the grey waistcoat to match your suit, keep things clean and simple x

• E
    Beginner September 2015
    EssexBride89 ·
    • Hide content

Agree with rusticbride. A sharp, 3 piece suit is going to look best!

• G
    Beginner July 2014
    Groomie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the feedback. in the end I decided to scrap tbe fushia pink tie and went for a champaign waistcoast with matching cravat. It looked great and complimented my wife's white dress. The groomsmen wore fushia pink ties to match the fushia pink bridesmaids dresses and it looked outstanding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics