Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

X
Beginner February 2024 East Central London

Groom speech feedback

X Z, 2 August, 2023 at 22:51 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 4 15
Hi,

Hoping to get a bit of feedback on my groom's speech.

It might be a little on the short side but I am not the most confident public speaker.

Does the toast at the end sound good? I am a little unsure if toasting our own future at the end is bad etiquette? Should I toast family and friends instead?

On behalf of my wife and I, we’d like to thank you all for being here today to celebrate this special day with us. You all being here means the world to us, and we are grateful for your love and support.

*Brides name*, my heart overflows with joy and love for you. From the moment we met, I knew there was something special about you. You've shown me what true friendship, support, happiness, and love mean. You complete me in every way, and I never knew what was missing in my life before I met you.

We have had so many amazing and unforgettable times together. I can’t wait to make many more memories with you in the future.

Please raise your glasses to my beautiful wife, to a lifetime of love, happiness, and endless adventures together.

Cheers!

15 replies

Latest activity by Joanna, 8 August, 2023 at 22:53
  • Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Absolutely perfect!!
  • X
    X Z ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Sarah, appreciate that has helped boost my confidence

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

That's lovely - short, sweet and full of meaning. Perfect.

• L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ·
    • Hide content

Sounds great to me Smiley smile

• L
    Curious February 2024 East London
    Lisacarmel ·
    • Hide content
    Sounds perfect, would be very happy if this was my fiancé’s speech
  • Naomi
    Beginner September 2024 Suffolk
    Naomi ·
    • Hide content
    I agree, all perfect! The toast at the end is really lovely. Spot on Smiley smile
  • A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    It’s nice but is there any way you can add in one or two personal things about your wife or your relationship? Although there is nothing wrong with it, I would be a little bit disappointed that it feels like could have come from anybody. No need to get rid of anything just maybe add in a few things a bit more personal?
  • X
    X Z ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Reworking speech will post update

• X
    X Z ·
    • Hide content

Thank you everyone for the great feedback really appreciate it!

• X
    X Z ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How is this for personalisation?

Thanks for the feedback appreciate it.

On behalf of my wife and I, we’d like to thank you all for being here today to celebrate this special day with us. You all being here means the world to us, and we are grateful for your love and support.

*Bride's name redacted*, my heart overflows with joy and love for you. From the moment we met, I knew there was something special about you. You've shown me what true friendship, support, happiness, and love mean. You complete me in every way, and I never knew what was missing in my life before I met you.

We have had so many amazing and unforgettable times together. Throughout our journey, I am reminded that *Bride's name redacted* is not only the love of my life but also an amazing golf partner. Just as you've stood by me on the course, you've stood by my side in every adventure and challenge we've faced together. You make every moment, whether on the golf course or in our everyday lives, more special.

Please raise your glasses to my beautiful wife, to a lifetime of love, happiness, and endless adventures together.

Cheers!

• A
    Dedicated March 2024 Essex
    Alison ·
    • Hide content
    I think that’s much better!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

To be honest, I prefer the original version. But either will be fine - most people just want to hear the groom saying something sweet about the bride, and either of these speeches fit the bill.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Just a little heads up. As this is a public forum anyone can see it including your future bride and you have included enough info for her to link it to you.

Grooms speeches usually start with thanking the guests then something about both sets of parents (if applicable ) also adding in a toast or a thought to those who are no longer with us then lastly move on to the bride perhaps starting with how you met and then add something funny about her to lighten the speech a little then move on to the loverly part to end with.

But its your speech your wedding and you should do it the way you feel, there are no real "norms". Hopefully she would think it really sweet that you wanted to get it so right that you reached out for help in writing it but for me I wouldn't feel comfortable if my other half was to see it beforehand.

Maybe have the replies here sent to you via personal message instead.

• Mariana
    Beginner May 2024 Lothian & Borders
    Mariana ·
    • Hide content
    This sounds great! Very heartfelt and I personally think the ending is really lovely. You can always thank people for coming and celebrating with you in there but don’t sweat it, you’ll be great!
  • J
    Savvy April 2024 West London
    Joanna ·
    • Hide content
    I think you need to thank your groomsmen your in-laws, parents ,complement the bridesmaids and say how beautiful your wife looks . Hope that helps

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics